part 4.

Baekhyun was gone for a considerable amount of time doing the most mundane task: making a waffle.

The hotel's breakfast was considered buffet style, but when Chanyeol kept looking up to see where on earth Baekhyun could be, he kept seeing the man standing by the waffle maker.Ten minutes passed and Chanyeol's own plate was nearly cleaned. Meanwhile, there Baekhyun was. Still standing and staring at the waffle maker.

Sighing, he got up from their table and walked over, coming up from behind.

"Do you not know how to work it or something?"

"It's almost done."

"Uh, it's only supposed to take a minute. Let me see it." Reaching over, Chanyeol tried to open the waffle maker only to see a half-done squishy creation inbetween the plates. "Um... That's not right."

Rolling his eyes, Baekhyun slapped his hand away and closed the maker. "I told you it was almost done."

"Well, are you sure it's even plugged in?"

"Chanyeol, look. The light's green. It's on."

"Maybe it's broken."

"It's fine." Baekhyun continued to stare at the waffle maker. "I'll just wait for it to finish."

In total, the waffle took twenty-five minutes to make and Chanyeol ended up getting another plate just to keep Baekhyun company.

"This better be a fucking good waffle," Baekhyun muttered as he aggressively cut it into four pieces. Then, after he took a bite, he shrugged. "Eh."

❁ ❁ ❁

They don't talk about Chanyeol's analysis the night before. Baekhyun gave him no indication that he was bothered by it and he didn't bring it up either, so Chanyeol just followed his lead. However, their relationship seemed better. At least, it was easier to talk to Baekhyun, even without any alcohol involved.

That afternoon, decorators, friends, and family arrived at the hotel to survey the venue and begin the process of slowly setting up the reception area. Although the wedding planner brought her own people to help move things arround in accordance to the setup that she and Kyungsoo had agreed on, Chanyeol did his best to help out wherever he was needed. Yet, there was only so much that he could do. Even Baekhyun, who had the task of helping create the silver and gold balloon arrangements looked bored out of his mind from the repetitive task.

It wasn't until they both heard an argument outside in the hallway that they stepped out and saw Jongin trying to console Kyungsoo. Worried that they were about to have a break up right before the wedding, Chanyeol quickly rushed over to Jongin's side. "What's going on? What's wrong?"

"Huh? Oh, nothing major," Jongin started, but was quickly cut off by Kyungsoo.

"The chocolate wall doesn't have any chocolate!" Kyungsoo groaned, face buried in the palm of his hand. "We forgot. Well, Jongin forgot. I thought you ordered from the ChocoDaes Chocolateers months ago!"

"I already said I'm sorry. There's nothing we can do about it." Jongin glanced at Chanyeol, then to Baekhyun before turning back to Kyungsoo. "We can run down to the store. Maybe get some Hershey's--"

"Jongin. What the fuck."

"I--"

"Your family's friends and family are going to be here and I think I'd rather lay down and die than put Hershey's up on the chocolate wall."

Baekhyun, seemingly the most composed out of all of them, raised his hand. "Sorry, but what's the chocolate wall?"

Taking in a deep breath, Kyungsoo put his hands on his hips. "It's like... a dessert section. But it's just chocolate. I mean, we have other desserts, but we wanted guests to be able to take these small paper boxes and pick out flavors that they wanted to take home. That was the plan."