part 3.

Gradually, more guests began occupying the floor the Kim family had reserved. By the time they were starting to prepare the presidential suite, Chanyeol was already well-acquainted with everyone in the party, both old and new faces. Sehun brings the hard liquor into the suite despite knowing that if there was going to be drinking involved, at most, everyone was just going to get buzzed. The atmosphere and mood of the bachelor party didn't exactly call for being wasted drunk.

They played a few friendly games with Kyungsoo-- the kind that was meant to embarrass him-- before Chanyeol started preparing the movie. Sehun's actor friend (the one Kyungsoo was obsessed with--much to Jongin's dismay) hadn't arrived on time as planned, but they had a strict itinerary to follow if they were going to finish around 11pm and allow Kyungsoo to get his beauty sleep. Otherwise, he'd probably be too tired to start the day early tomorrow and Chanyeol didn't want to get blamed for that, considering he's the best man and this whole party was his responsibility.

After glancing at his watch, he figured they should start the movie soon since it was nearing 8 p.m. and the movie was about an hour and 20 minutes. Down to the literal tee.

❁ ❁ ❁

Around 9 p.m., a knock on the door disrupted the (very quiet) bachelor party. Sehun yawned (possibly bored out of his mind) and looked over at Chanyeol. "Hey, it's probably-- you know."

Frowning, Chanyeol excused himself from the area and made his way to the front door. If it really was the actor Park Go-Bum, then Chanyeol would be sorely disappointed in his lack of timeliness. At this point, that man was 2 hours late already... But then again, it was Park Go-Bum. Chanyeol didn't have any room to scold him; he simply didn't have the right.

He mentally prepared himself to face the actor before opening the door-- only to see no one in the hallway until he lowered his eyesight. There, in front of him, was Baekhyun.

And Baekhyun was smiling at him... which he never does.

"Hi, Chanyeol."

Confused, Chanyeol closed the door just enough so that the others wouldn't see Baekhyun or hear their conversation. "Hey... Uh, what're you--"

"I have an idea and since we're supposed to be the best men at this wedding, I thought we should collaborate."

"Aren't you supposed to be at Jongin's bachelor party? The one you're in charge of?"

"I left them at the strip club."

Chanyeol was still confused, except this time, he can smell the faint scent of alcohol coming from the man in front of him. "Are you drunk?"

"No. Not yet."

"Then what're you--"

"Jongin doesn't like the strip club, and neither do the other guys." Baekhyun tried to peer inside the suite, but Chanyeol moved his body to block him. "So, let's all go to this club in Gangnam. Both parties. It'll be fun."

Chanyeol realized Baekhyun was trying to hijack his bachelor party plans. Albeit it's not as loud or crazy as what Baekhyun planned for Jongin's party, this quiet and moderate setting was very much fitted for Kyungsoo's preferences and--

He stopped.

Glancing over his shoulder, he saw that half of the people they had invited for the party were either dozing off or thinking of some way to excuse themselves for the night... In truth, after they played the games and took a shot or two, the party itself had peaked and could Chanyeol even call it a party anymore? It seemed more like a movie gathering post-funeral.

He looked back at Baekhyun who never took his eyes off the giant.

The chaotic air around him was...