Replay-Priyanka

Tuesday

Today she slept till 12pm and only got a grand total 3 hours of sleep. 

How is that possible? 

Very simple after the incident with the neighbour last night, Daada had a crazy amount of energy and was ready to carry out his patriotic duty. He'd drafted plan after plan for the Indian government and came up with an elaborate plan for further reconnaissance on the spy next door. No matter what she tried she couldn't get him to put down his mumblings and go to bed and too afraid to start another episode she let him do what he wanted. 

Like a stepmother who had no control over her stepkids. 

At 8 o'clock when Daada's nurse came over for her bi-weekly check-ups both she and Daada looked like sleep-deprived messes. Seriously, we'll be lucky is she doesn't mention her care as negligence to her superiors. He finally went to bed after the nurse left and she'd left some sleeping medication for him later tonight so he'd be able to realign his sleeping schedule and get a proper night's sleep.

Given Daada's state and temperament Pri was shocked that he was able to focus on the topic for so long. 

Known to all as Dr. Kabir Singh but in apartment 3C he was now referred to as "Ganja De Sousa", her contribution to the mission and a slight nod to the reek of weed that escaped from his apartment into the hallway last night. He was not what she was expecting the loud, scary, and angry neighbour across the hall to look like but that's exactly what he looked like. Loud, scary, angry and unfortunately their neighbour. 

He wasn't unattractive and he'd been well dressed, probably still in his work clothes. But his good genes and good wardrobe had been paired with unruly hair, an unkempt beard, and a face that looked like it'd be stuck in a grimace since his birth. There were people who'd find that attractive for sure and she doubted any of his patients feared for their lives in his care. 

But, there was something not right with him. It was what she saw in his eyes, when he looked at her dead in the eyes. Not the situation in front of him in the hallway. Not Daada covered in paint. Not even her ridiculous clothing and hair. He looked at her, like he knew everything about her. 

She saw him too; so vividly she saw the disgust, anger, pain, and longing in his eyes that was all reserved for her. 

Someone who he'd never met before and knew nothing about. And yet, he looked at her like he owned and despised her at the same time.

She kept going over the events in her head. The investigator in her could not let it go. What connection could there be between them that gave him such a reaction?

Her father had grown up in this building, was there a familial connection? If that was it, it wouldn't explain the intense emotion he'd displayed. Also, either her father or the BLA (buildings ladies association) would have told her, neither of them could hold onto good gossip like that. 

She had a sinking feeling in my stomach as she thought a more plausible and terrifying explanation. 

Could he have connections in Delhi? Or worse, at the Deccan Chronicle? Was he someone who had grievances about her work in the past? 

She'd come here to be safe and to put the past behind her but had she made the mistake of running in front of what she was trying to avoid?

Unfortunately it was very plausible and out of all other possibilities it was the one she had most reason to be worried about. Jumping out of bed she headed straight to the kitchen turning on the kettle to make herself a big cup of coffee.