Chapter 34

"Incoming" April yells as ambulances come to a halt.

"16-year-old boy; complains of headaches and slurred speech"

The boy yells out in agony. "Get him to Trauma 1; book an MRI immediately"

"Copy that"

As Sienna continues to treat him, a bulky man runs into the room nearly slamming Sienna against the cupboard.

Choi runs in upon seeing the chaos. "Can I help you sir?" Sienna asks, frowning. She's sure there's a bruise going to form.

"He's fine. Come on Joey, let's go home."

"Sir" Sienna is calm keeping the security at arms' length. "Joey is experiencing symptoms of a stroke. He's not fine, he needs medical care"

"Listen lady" He bellows, storming up to her and grabbing her arm. Choi and the security guard manage to pry him off. The boy continues to moan in pain, "My son is fine. He doesn't need no doctor."

"He does need a doctor. I'm asking you nicely to get out of my trauma room or security will remove you in front of your son."

He sneers at her but storms out anyway. Choi looks at her, "You okay?"

"I'm fine. Let's treat this boy"

Choi nods, "I'm on this with you"

She nods and together they treat the boy.

"Doctor Roberts, Radiology is open for a scan"

"Thanks" She smiles at Nurse Gretchen.

They get him up to Radiology, and while a resident scans him, Sienna gets paged for a 911 in the OR.

"You paged me?" She asks Kendra who is busy with what looks like a heart transplant.

"Scrub in; I need a second pair of hands"

The nurse gloves her and gowns her after she had scrubbed.

**

"Thanks Roberts for the assist"

Sienna smiles, "You've got it."

"Doctor Roberts, MRI scans are up"

She checks it immediately, "Will you page Neuro for me – this boy is having a brain aneurysm."

"Of course"

**

Along with Dr Abrahams, they operate on the boy's aneurysm, clipping it in success.

Abrahams hovers, "Why didn't you specialize in Neuro – you have a talent"

Sienna shrugs as she takes off her gown revealing her black surgical attending scrubs, "I have gotten attached to patients before, and it didn't end well. I love Trauma, there's no time to get attached."

Abrahams nods his head, "Well if you ever decide to do another fellowship, my door is open for you"

Sienna nods with a small smile and walks away.