Chapter 51

Antonio waits outside of the district for Jay to come out. Shift has just ended for the two, it's pitch black dark outside and freezing cold. Sienna is working late, but instead of going home to an empty house the detective has decided to make peace with Jay.

He thought they already had made peace when Si was in the hospital, but Jay 's behaviour towards him suggests otherwise.

When the younger detective walks out alone, Antonio steps in his view.

"You want to go to Molly's?"

"I'm going home" Jay says shortly sighing when Antonio holds up a hand to stop him.

"Look man, one drink? Please?"

Jay sighs, "One drink."

**

They arrive at Molly's and grab a beer. Antonio starts the conversation with a man he considers his closest friend in Chicago. He knows he messed up whatever friendship they had when he cheated on Sienna, but if his marriage can survive his ordeal, so can his friendship with Jay.

"Before you say anything, I just want to apologize again for hurting her. She's the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I don't deserve her. I know we have a long road ahead of us, she still doesn't trust me like she did, but I'm not giving up."

"Good" Jay smirks, "Thanks Tony. For coming to me, it wasn't necessary, but I appreciate it."

**

When Antonio gets home after more than one beer, Sienna is preparing dinner. The man, wearing a fitting white shirt and jeans, walks up to her and kisses her neck.

"I went for a beer with Jay" He tells her when she asks where he's been. She smiles at him, "I'm glad you made peace"

"Can you and I make peace?" He asks, sitting down on the island chair. She stops stirring Alfredo sauce and turns to him slowly. "We did"

"No babe" Antonio walks up to her wrapping his arms around her hips, "We didn't. We used to be so comfortable; we always made jokes. You made me laugh, you made me feel loved. But we don't do that anymore. I take on full responsibility, but Si, I want my wife back."

"Antonio-"

"Just let me back in babe, I'm begging you."

Sienna sighs as a single tear rolls down her rosy cheek; she gets out of Antonio's arms and holds up a bag of shredded paper.

"This means I've officially let you back in. I trust you, like I used to. I love you, like I used to. I did this at work" She explains, "today."

"What is this?" He frowns, confused as hell.

"Our divorce papers" Sienna looks down, "I tore up the divorce papers. I used the hospital's shredder because I had a patient that was in a car accident with her husband. They had a big fight before the crash but then her husband died, and she couldn't tell him how much she loved hi-"

Antonio smirks and kisses her hard on the mouth. He wraps his arms around her waist again and lifts her up on the white kitchen island when the kiss deepens.

"You talk too much" He whispers to her smiling brightly when she blushes. She grabs the dog tags around his neck and pulls him into a kiss again.

"Our food is going to burn" She mumbles in between kisses. Antonio switches off the stove and immediately captures her lips again.

"I love you, so much. I won't ever be this close to losing you again, I promise."

"I know" She gives him a dimpled kiss, "I love you too Dawson."

Antonio smirks when she nibbles on his bottom lip, she pulls off his shirt. "Take me to bed"

"I won't last going up the stairs" He grins cheekily, "I'm taking you on that couch. Right now.I love you, Sienna Dawson. So much"

"God, I missed you so much"