Chapter 49

"How did you and Sienna become friends?" Hailey asks Jay. It's been three days since Sienna's accident. There has been no progress. The neurosurgeon is concerned that there will be brain damage but they'll first find out when she wakes up. If she wakes up

Jay smiles fondly, "We were both new recruits. They called her the homemaker because she was the only girl there. Nobody thought I was good enough to be a sniper so they cast us out. She came to sit next to me during dinner and gave me a fizzer. She told me that she likes having friends, so I have to be hers"

Hailey chuckles, "If she gave you a fizzer then she must have really wanted a friend."

Jay laughs, "Yeah. She's been my best friend for 21 years. I can't lose her Hailey"

"You won't" Hailey whispers, "She's a fighter, and she has way too much to fight for"

**

"I'm so sorry for everything I've done. I'm sorry I made you cry, and I'm sorry I hurt you so badly. I hope I can take everything back, believe me that's all I want to do. I wish I could take back the last few months. I'm praying to God and begging to you, please just forgive me Si. I hope you'll take me back."

Antonio stares with wet eyes at the fragile blonde on the hospital bed. Her chest goes up and down, up and down, as the machine continues breathing for her.

"Wake up baby, please just wake up"

**

"W-water" Antonio lifts his head as tears fall down his face, "W-water"

"You want water?" He whispers and jumps up from the red plastic chair next to her bed. Sienna keeps her eyes closed but she's awake and responsive.

He lifts her head gently and puts the straw in her mouth watching as she swallows the water.

"How- uhm, that would probably be a dumb question. How do you feel?"

"Good" She whispers. He nods and kisses her forehead, "I'm going to get the doctor okay?"

He calls for Choi and the neurosurgeon.

"Hey, Si. Welcome back" Choi grins. Sienna gives him a small tired smile as her eyes open.

"What's your name?" The neurosurgeon asks after checking her eyes with his flashlight.

"Sienna Roberts Dawson" She slurs out

"How old are you?"

"None of your business"

The three guys chuckle

"Where are you now?"

"Same place I'm always at. It's the year 2020, we live in Chicago, it's damn cold outside and I'm tired so leave me alone" She drawls out.

Antonio smiles timidly, "Mind giving us a minute please?"

Choi and Doctor Carlsson leave the room, Antonio has already called Jay to tell him that Sienna's awake. He promised he'd be there in a few minutes, so Antonio knows he has to talk fast.

"You remember why you were in the accident?"

She sighs, "I do. I miss you too Tony."

"You heard me?" He asks surprised as a smile stretches across his face.

"Yeah."

"Can you give me another chance baby?"

Sienna looks him in the eyes and nods her head, "I love you, we're going to work this out."