Chapter 61

Kelly sits alone in Sienna's room. The blonde surgeon is still not awake and unresponsive. The doctors are slowly losing hope.

Two weeks – two dreadful weeks since the car crash.

Kelly gives the girl a small smile as he caresses her cheek with his thumb.

"We need you Si. Chicago needs you, Med is drowning without their best surgeon. Jay is drowning without his best friend and I..." He sighs, "I'm not allowed to feel as I am feeling but God I can't help it."

He sighs, "You need to wake up so I can tell you how I feel. You deserve someone who will treat you well. You deserve someone like me."

He kisses her on the forehead and then walks out of the room. Maggie sees him exiting and gives him a small smile.

"It's not the first time he's been in her room" April notes.

"Yeah I know. Makes you wonder hey, her own husband hasn't been in that room."

April sighs, "I used to ship them. Antonio and Si – they were good, but now, I don't know what the hell is going on with him"

"Me neither" April says. They are interrupted by the monitor repeating 'code blue' meaning one patient isn't getting enough oxygen.

"That's Sienna's room" April says.
"Page Rhodes and Nolan" Maggie screams in the wind and the two nurses run down to the room along with two more and a crash cart.

April lowers down Sienna's bed in a hurry and pulls the wires from her mouth.

"Heart rate is speeding up, she's not breathing."

"Where are the doctors?" Maggie screams.

"Here, we're here." Nolan says.

"Her airway is constricted" He says. "We need to intubate."

Rhodes goes around to Sienna's head and intubates her. She coughs out when he releases the pipe causing all of them in the room to let out a breath of relief.

"Welcome back sunshine" Maggie says softly.

Sienna looks around.

"Get a neuro consult." Nolan says to April. The nurse nods and calls for a consult.

"Sienna, how do you feel?"

The girl stays silent and looks around the room, her blue eyes are still adjusting to the light.

"Water" She whispers.

Maggie gives her a glass of water and assists her in drinking from the straw.

"How do you feel, Si?"

"Like shit" Sienna whispers drowsily.

Dr Edwards – the neurosurgeon – walks into the room with a smile. "Hey Roberts, you know if you wanted to take leave all you had to do was say so."

Sienna smirks and swallows, her entire body feels as though she was trampled on. "I....like...the...dramatics"

He laughs, "I've got to do this, you know the drill. What's your name?"

Sienna swallows painfully, "Sienna...Roberts"

"Your age?"

"Still...not...telling...ya"

He laughs, "I knew you were just faking it"

Sienna lets out a weak chuckle and looks at Maggie who is trying to keep the tears at bay. "Stop getting into freaking car accidents you damn skinny bitch"

Sienna smirks, "Sorry"

He clears Sienna's neuro exam and the doctors decide to keep her in the hospital for a few weeks. Maggie sits by her side, "I love you"

"Love...you...too...Mags"

"Divorce your dick of a husband" She rips off the band aid. "He hasn't been here once Si"

"Not...now" She whispers, "I...want...to...sleep"

Maggie kisses her forehead, "I'm glad you're okay"

The nurse walks out of the room to call Jay.

**

Jay, who had been forced to go shower at home, walks back into the hospital room to see his best friend smiling at him.

Jay rushes to her side with tears in his eyes and a big smile on his face.

"Stop scaring me" He says, "You can't do this again Sienna, I told you, you're my only family and I need you."

She looks at him for a few seconds and then smirks, "not my fault you drive like a bitch"

He laughs loudly and kisses her forehead, "fuck sakes you're making me old before my time"

She smiles, "I love you. I'm sorry."

He trembles and hugs her, both of them crying softly. "I love you so much Sienna."

She eventually calms him down. "Can I tell you something?"

"Yeah?"
"While I was in the coma, I saw Jeff and Michaels. They told me to go home to you, because I'm not allowed to leave you alone."

He shakes his head, "You saw ghosts?"

"I did" She smirks, "I told I'm bat shit crazy"

He laughs, "You are the craziest of them all."

Her smile eventually drops, her features are sad. "Has Antonio really not been here?"

He sighs and strokes her cheek, "No. But Kelly has been"

"Severide?"

"Hmm" Jay nods, "I don't know what's going on with Antonio but he doesn't deserve you, Fizz. He broke your heart once before and you gave him another chance. He's blown it this time. Hank pulled him from the undercover assignment and all he could worry about was that the killers were sentenced incorrectly. He doesn't deserve you."

"What did I do wrong Jay?" She whispers breaking down. "What did I do to deserve a husband who hates me?"

"You have done nothing wrong and I will break his fucking neck for making you think this is your fault."

**