The New Girl In Town

"It's nice to have you around." Jean Bart says as she walks into Jacque's office and sees the new girl having taken over his position.

"I will always be there to answer the call." The girl replies. This was Algerie, the newest addition to the Vichya Dominion and the strategist of the group. From a distance she could have been mistaken for the Royal Navy's Belfast, but with her focus on black, red and white colors it was fairly easy for Algerie to distinguish herself from her British doppelganger. "Although I will say I have never gone through this much before."

"Jacque was quite the workaholic." Jean Bart says. "Not that he didn't take time for himself."

"Oh that reminds me..." Algerie replies. "Have you found him yet?"

"Still no luck." Jean Bart says as her pride sinks. "We've looked all over France for him, but he just doesn't seem to be there. Neighboring countries haven't seen him either. We suspect the sirens have took him, but as of late we haven't encountered him and any sirens we do run into don't speak of him."

"It's so quiet in here..." Dunkerque says as she walks in. "I never thought that not having the commander around would affect us so much."

"It's affected us in many ways, I guess." Richelieu adds as she walks into the room. "How have things been going for everyone?"

"I still have Jacque's journal." Dunkerque replies. "I'm hoping we can find him soon."

"Wait what is everyone doing in the office all of a sudden?" Algerie asks.

"I... I don't know honestly." Richelieu chuckles as everyone starts trying not to laugh. Unfortunately one person sets off another and then they all start laughing to release the tension. With that said and done the others leave the office to let Algerie work and Dunkerque heads into the common room where Andre has been pacing around.

"Are you okay?" Dunkerque asks.

"Do I look like I'm okay?" Andre asks back quickly. "My best friend's gone missing and he's nowhere to be found! How does that make me okay?!" Dunkerque is taken aback for a few seconds before Andre realizes what he's done. "Sorry... It's just that I've been stressed out since Jacque vanished."

"I am too. I'm dating him remember?" Dunkerque replies. "But lashing out like that isn't really going to help."

"I know that... Sorry." Andre says as he flops onto the couch. "And the fact that the sirens haven't said a word about him either doesn't help."

"I still think they have him." Dunkerque replies.

"That's what I'd like to think too." Andre says as Le Malin and the others walk in.

"No luck whatsoever?" Dunkerque asks.

"We tried again. Still nothing." Emile and Le Malin reply.

"We just hope he hasn't died." Le Triomphant says.

"Knowing Jacque he can hold his own, but only for so long." Andre replies as Dunkerque pulls out Jack's flute. "I see you kept that too huh?"

"I guess I could call it a memoir of him." Dunkerque says as she begins playing. Once again everyone in the common room is entranced by the music that she's playing, and it's very familiar as well as it carries a certain mystical aura to it. "He would play that tune so often, like calling out to something." That's when the base is suddenly rocked by cannonfire and Algerie rushes out.

"We've got company! Let's move out!" Algerie shouts out as the others quickly head outside.

"More sirens?" Dunkerque asks and Algerie simply nods in response. "Let's take them down!"