I'll Be Back... Again...

Algerie had been updating some parts of the base ever since she came on, and so far the work was beginning to pay off as the French Navy now had access to a radar system that they could use to track hostile activity, and the coastal defense guns were made stronger and quicker to deploy.

"It may not be much, but it's certainly something." Algerie giggles as she looks at her new handiwork.

"It'll definitely help us be more prepared for attacks." Andre says as he also looks at the new additions to the base. That's when Emile walks over to them.

"I just detected something on the radar." Emile says. "Like it's small, but at the same time it's really suspicious."

"Let me see." Algerie replies as she follows Emile to the radar system and sees the blip that the light cruiser saw. "That's probably Jacque, out on patrol with the sirens or something. If he does come towards this base, we'll be prepared this time."

"How do you know?" Emile asks. "It's only a blip."

"Remember, Jacque might have battleship riggings, but he is still human- if somewhat. His blip on the radar is going to be much smaller than say, the much bigger siren ships." Algerie replies.

"That makes sense." Emile says. "Let's get out there and get ready." And with that, the French navy moves out, taking to the waters with some more normal looking ships to intercept Jacque and his patrol fleet should they get too close. Fortunately it didn't take long for Jacque and the sirens to stray too close, and almost immediately they got shelled with everything the French Navy had.

"What the hell?!" The sirens shout as they get bombarded. "How did they know we were out here?!" Jacque on the other hand remains wordless as he tanks the barrage and retaliates with his own cannonfire, nearly catching Dunkerque with the blasts.

"Yikes!" Dunkerque yells as she just manages to dodge the wild shots from her commander and quickly retaliates. Unfortunately Jacque is too fast and he dodges many of the shells without breaking a sweat. "What in the world did you do to Jacque?!"

"Oh we really buffed him up! He has the power of a battleship, the speed of a destroyer, and everything else inbetween!" One of the sirens laughs as Jacque lets loose a torrent of torpedoes, and they lock onto Le Triomphant!

"I'm getting out of here!" Le Triomphant shouts as she redirects the homing torpedoes away from the rest of the group so nobody gets hurt. Meanwhile Le Malin clashes with Jacque, attempting to impale him on her saber.

"Snap out of it!" Le Malin shouts, but Jacque proceeds to pull out his blade and counter all of the destroyer's attacks, sending her flying with a well placed torpedo.

"Le Malin!" Jean Bart shouts as she takes her flag and wields it like a spear, pointing the spike at her commander. "You're going down!" She yells as she starts trying to shish-kabob Jacque, and Richelieu quickly joins in, but the commander manages to evade each and every stab and he manages to land a nasty slash across Richelieu's chest, sending the cardinal reeling back!

"ARGH!" Richelieu screams, and while she's momentarily distracted Jacque manages to deal out another mighty slash, this time along the length of Jean Bart's arm!

"GRAH!" Jean Bart shouts. "Everyone fall back! Let the coastal guns deal with these guys!" But instead of pursuing, Jacque and the sirens simply retreat, leaving the girls to recover a little more.