39 Too Easy

Finally everything in my life has been going smoothly. Chris coming over to help with everyone then doing regular daily things has really brought us a lot closer. Having introduced him formally to Trish kind of just made our relationship more real.

Jude has spent more time at the pack then away from it. He has joined regular training, which I have started to watch. He's stronger than the average wolf, so most of his real sparring is done with Jace now after the main training time. He has taken a few rounds with Xavier, but I think he's actually stronger than him.

I can't help but hope that this is their way of bringing him in, but after last time's screw up, I'm keeping my mouth shut!

'He's already in, it's just a formality now.' 'God I hope so, he deserves it.'

"Enjoying the show?" Jace asks, heading over to me. His signature playboy smirk plays across his face as he towels the sweat off of his chest.

"Not gonna lie, it's better than main training. It's like watching a kids' concert versus a live concert from your favourite band." My words are true, not that the other warriors are children but the matches between Jace and Jude have a whole different level of power and dynamic.

"He's got some moves, I'll give him that. It's nice to have a little challenge," Jace laughs. "Not that Xavier's a wimp but maybe I've just trained with him for too long. I actually have to think and work to keep up with Jude."

"I'm sorry, was that a compliment?" Jude cuts in, taking a seat with his own crooked grin.

"Cool it boy scout," Jace grumbles, rolling his eyes dramatically.

"Imagine how hard he'll be to beat with a bit more formal training," I tease. "Fortunately he's holding back."

"Jess," Jude warns, pinning me in place with a hard glare.

"Is that so?" Jace asks, brow raised.

"She's just trying to get a rise out of you," Jude dismisses.

Jace just looks at me, suddenly unsure, so I grin and clarify, proud of my own powers of observation. "Jude has a tell. When he trains with me and lets me win, or take him down or whatever, he gets this look in his eye. The same one I caught a few times before he lost to you."

"This true?" Jace asks, eyeing up Jude.

"I um-"

"One more round, and don't hold back this time," Jace's tone leaves no room to argue. With a sigh, Jude stands up and brushes himself off, sparing me one last frown.

Sara takes a seat beside me as the guys make their way back to the center. "Is he finally going to actually try?" She asks, making my eyes go wide.

She knew?!

"Oh please, you don't think I saw the look he makes when he pulls punches with the other warriors?" She scoffs at my look. "I didn't get my job by missing little things, you know? I saw a lot of potential in him. That's why I brought him into Challenge and he didn't disappoint."

Her gloating is cut short when the men square off in the field. This time Jude hangs back, waiting for Jace to make his first move. Jace starts with an obvious lunge, which he expects Jude to side step and is already mid-swing with a kick where he expects Jude to be. Jude however is ready for it, dropping and dodging before swiping Jace's other foot out from under him.

Chris walks up and quietly watches the match as well with an unreadable expression on his dark features.

Jace takes the momentum of his fall to try and drive an elbow into Jude's ribs, but instead catches Jude's raised knee, flipping him over. In an instant, Jude jumps on him but Jace flips him, off using his own momentum against him.