-4-

One midnight, while resting inside his cell, Old Tim couldn't understand why he felt a sudden loneliness. He got up from his cloud-bed and looked over the small, circular, crystal window. Lexi's face appeared into view at the full moon. She was alone and looked sad. Old Tim felt his heartbeat. Now he did understand; she needed someone to make her happy tonight. And that someone, he believed, was him. So, he left the tower to find her. Wherever she was, his heart would surely guide his way.

Old Tim found himself entering a crowded party hall. He watched the hundred guests in black tuxedo and long, shimmering evening gowns as he was searching for the familiar face. He stood five feet and eight inches tall; he was attractive, but no one could see him as he walked past and through the flesh-and-blood visitors.

Old Tim roamed until he found her alone on the terrace, standing by the railings.

"Lexi," he called, making himself visible.

Lexi turned around as she heard his baritone voice. She looked so different from the first time he saw her. Lexi's heart-shaped face complemented her shiny, long, straight, black hair. Her pearl-white skin glowed against her simple, black evening gown. She was indeed beautiful, shining like the bright moonlight behind her.

Instantly, Lexi felt a compelling force when she saw him smiling at her. Old Tim offered her his arm; without a word she clung to him, and together they entered the hall.

Every head turned to see them as they emerged from the terrace going to the dance floor. They danced together, catching everyone's attention. It was a fantastic experience for Lexi. The night was for Matthew's twenty-first birthday, and yet, she had stolen the spotlight from him. But no regrets, for he had stolen everything from her in the past years: their parents' love and attention, the birthday party that she was dreaming of, and the importance that she had not felt before. She couldn't believe a stranger could actually give her such joy. He made her night so remarkable.

But that special moment was just a piece of a fairytale; it couldn't have a "happily ever after" ending. It just had to end. For when Old Tim heard the sound of a horn, he panicked.

"I have to go now, Lexi." He turned his back to her, without waiting for her response, he left her. And the magic ended there.

Old Tim zoomed through the clouds, but still, he was late in his sacred duty--for the second time, he cried while watching his fellow Guardians exchanging the positions of the moon and the sun. Something was hurting inside of him--another strange feeling. After the sunrise, he sat atop the tower, feeling gloomy.