2. New Teacher

The next day, I was getting ready to go to school. I have prepared school supplies, and books for Today's lesson. Today is Monday, the first day after semester break. Lazily, I opened the teak cupboard to take my uniform. After getting dressed, I looked at myself in the mirror. I couldn't let any part of my uniform left, or I would get screwed.

Shirt done, skirt, blazer ... check. Hmmm... what else? tie! I widened my view to all the inside of the cupboard. Found it. After picking up the tie and wearing it, my eyes caught a small cardboard box kept in the bottom part of the cupboard. It contained my favorite items that I have collected since I was little. I opened it and took a necklace with a pink oval shaped diamond pendant surrounded by small diamonds

This necklace has accompanied me through important events in life. Mama said, this necklace has been with me since I was born. If I look closely, inside the jewel there was a laser-engraved name in it:

 If I look closely, inside the jewel there was a laser-engraved name in it:

I decided to wear that necklace and hide it inside my shirt collar. I didn't want it to be seen. I always go to school on foot, I couldn't risk getting robbed on the street. Then why did I wear it? Because I feel like it. Today, new academic year began, and I planned to commence it with this necklace. Nothing wrong with that.

After I was satisfied reminiscing about all the items in the box, I put them back together in the box and place it back in the cupboard. I was going to the kitchen to brew the energy drink for breakfast when I heard mama who was on the phone in her room, only God knows with whom. My footsteps immediately stopped.

"The delivery should be made tonight? Why so suddenly?" said mom. I pressed my ears against the wall that borders our room. Delivery? what shipment? doesn't she just work as a housekeeper? Mom is now a courier? various kinds of assumptions appeared in my mind. "Understood. I'll prepare the goods you requested." The longer I eavesdropped, the more curious I was.

Come to think of it, what exactly was mama's job? She never told me. Is it possible that she ... but there's no way she does, right?!— I heard her room door opened and closed. I quickly grabbed my comb and pretend to comb my hair. A moment later, my room curtain opened. "Why aren't you ready yet? Let's have breakfast."

At the dining table, I was still thinking about the whole thing. The more I think about it, the more inquisitive I become. Anything from whether I am mama's daughter or not, her mysterious job, where my father actually is. All of them are related to me, but why do I have no single idea about any of this?

"Is something bothering your mind, darling? You look like you're thinking of something" she finally asked after noticing my silence. I was hesitant to ask this kind of question, but I feel like I couldn't stand this thought any longer.

"Ma, I am your daughter, aren't I?"

Her eyes widened in surprise. "Why did you ask? Of course, you are my daughter," she answered while stroking my arm,  trying to reassure me. She might say that, but it still didn't answer my questions.