3. Easier Said Than Done

"Mr. Morelli, thank you so much for the ride. But you don't have to drop me off and pick me up everyday," I tried to say as politely and softly as possible without offending the man who was seated next to me. It's been almost a week since he became our math teacher. Right now, I was in a different car from the last one I was in. Today, He was driving white Tesla, much different from yesterday BMW. Did he collect cars or something?

He turned his head to me and back to the road. "Lio is fine, Alessandra. No need to speak so formally with me. Besides, our houses are in the same direction. I can pick you up and drop you off first."

Did he not understand what I just said? "I understand your good intention. I also would like to thank you for everything you've given to me. But if you keep this up, I'm afraid it would spread senseless rumors," and we both certainly don't want that, do we? I had no choice but to speak bluntly because that's what was happening. Ever since we meet he always attempted to come and go with me. Moreover, he too me to the mall and bought me new school backpack when I was about to went home the day after he became a new teacher in school.

I refused at first, but he managed to persuade me and made me agree eventually. He bought me a bag without glancing at its price tag. Not only bag, he also bought new tops, pants, jacket, cardigan, skirts, and many more. I was shocked at its total price. Not that I mind, but ever since a student caught us red-handed, so many inhumane gossip spread like wildfire. The longer I was seen with him, the more severe it became.

"Is it bothering you, Alessandra?" he asked sharply with interrogative tone. His warmth as teacher that he usually emitted towards students weren't there at all.

Yes. Very much. So many gossips has been wildly spread since then. "Not really, but I'm afraid your reputation would be ruined because of me." My reputation was already too damaged, don't let yours get ruined too.

"To be frank, I really don't care about what people think of me." I was unaware that this car has parked in school. We both got out of the car.

"And I hope you don't heed them too. But if they really bothered you, just give me names." After saying that, he walked straightaway. I sighed, and walked towards class. During the trip, I got so many cynical gazes along with scorn whispers that could be heard clearly.

And I hope you don't heed them too. My ass.

-

I love drawing, highly. Maybe this was due to my hobby on reading mangas and watching animes since childhood. Now it's after school hours and I was sketching in library, this place is extremely cozy. There was a long sofa which a lot of students misappropriated to sleep on.

In this quiet place, I felt like as if I was thrown to whole different in which only me and mama live in. No debt collectors, no bullies, no one. Only both of us—

"Well well well"

—although for such a short period of time.

I know the owner of this voice. A girl, gorgeous, tall, brunette and wavy haired. Behind her there are five others, her worshipers. Sheryl Alison and the gang. All of them are seniors. Sheryl's father is a biggest funder in this school, making her and her gang the only students immune to any rules or punishment.

Everyone knew them and understood not to mess with them. Literally The Plastic of Bakti Nusa. They drove their own cars to school, even though they are still minors. They were caught smoking in toilet, but never received any kind of punishment. Wow.

Her twin was this basketball captain. Handsome, muscular, smart. Always be in the female student's conversation. Male too. But now he had been dethroned by that teacher.