Ch.1 A GOLDEN TICKET!

They were poor, with very little luck, but Calla Bucket wouldn't ask for another family even if she was offered everything in the world. So, when her younger brother Charlie burst into the small, quaint home with a golden ticket; she was surprised to say the least. "Look everyone!" The small boy shouted excitedly. "Look I've got it! The golden ticket, it's mine!" Calls jumped up from her spot on the floor, her book now long forgotten. "That amazing Charlie!" The girl shouted, hugging her little brother. "You're pulling our legs, Charlie! The last tickets already been found." The blonde headed boy shook his head frantically. "No grandpa, I read it in the papers. It was a fake, and I have the last golden ticket!" The boy then ran to the large bed that occupied the elder people, clutching the golden ticket. Once he was closer to the old bed, Grandma Josephine spoke up. "Go on then joe. Read it." The old man raised a shaky hand, as Charlie handed it to him. Clearing his throat, the older man then sat up and began reading. ""Greetings to you, the lucky finder of this Golden Ticket, from Mr. Willy Wonka. Present this ticket at the factory gates at ten o'clock in the morning of the first
day of October, and do not be late. You may bring with you one member of your own family but no one else. In your wildest dreams you could not imagine the marvelous surprises that await you!" Charlie, you've done it!" He shouted happily.
The siblings mother, mrs bucket, nodded happily. "I can't believe it!" Calla smiled again, her cheeks starting to hurt, but soon frowned. "But wait...who's going to take Charlie to the factory?" Silence fell over the small house, everyone taking a moment think. "I say Calla should go." Grandpa Joe spoke up. "Me and the others haven't left bed in over twenty years. And Callas twenty one now, old enough to take him. And," He gave the girl a raised eyebrow. "She seems so excited she can't stay still." Everyone gave a chuckle, glancing toward the young girl. "Everyone stop!" Mrs Bucket all but yelled. "It says the first of October. Why, that's tomorrow!" "Jumping crocodiles!" Joe gasped. "We've got a lot to do. Comb your hair, wash your face, polish your shoes, and brush your--" He was cut off by mrs Bucket. "I'll take care of everything dad." "And I've got to get to work." Calla said, cutting them off. "I've got the night shift again at Pete's. And he wants me to sing again." The girl said, looking towards the old ticking clock that hung against the wall showing she had ten minutes until she had to leave. "Oh can I go." Charlie begged, trying to use his best puppy eyes. "I don't know charlie." Calls started, but was cut off by the young boy. "Oh please. I just wanna hear you sing and I promise I'll come straight home!" He all but begged, even going as for to go on his knees. "I guess..could he mom?" Mrs Bucket looked to the two siblings, before sighing. "I don't see why not, but you best come straight home Charlie. And you to Calla. It's already late as it is and you'll be tired by morning." She said sternly, hand on her hips. "Yes mum." The two said at the same time, a giddy smile on their face. "Ah well, we best be heading out now if want to make it on time. Let go Charlie." She grabbed her bag and waved at the rest of her family members before shutting the door.

As the two siblings walked down the snowy street, Charlie stopped and rugged on her old Cotten coat. "Calla...on the way home, I ran into mr.Slugworth."