Ch.6

//okay so don't judge me for the song up top. I don't know why, but it was stuck in my head at the time of writing this so..... plz help I don't even like this song.

"All I ask is a tall ship and a star to sail her by.
All aboard, everybody." Wonka said, motioning the people on the boat. Just like at the beginning of the tour, Mr.Salt pushed their way to the front. "Ladies first, and that means Veruca." Calla rolled her eyes, and leaned down to whisper in Charlie's ear. "If she's a lady then I'm a Vermicious knid." Charlie giggled at his sister, hopping on the boat when it was his turn. Calla, being the last of the group, was about to step up but paused as Wonka offered her a hand. "My lady." He said, helping her on when she grabbed his hand. The girl smiled at the man, giving a courtesy. "Thank you kind sir." The two giggled as they made their way to the leftover seats, his being directly in front of her and Charlie's. "I can't wait to tell grandpa all about this!" Charlie said excited, looking at the scenery as they slowly went down the chocolate river. Calla nodded. "Yeah. I know he really wanted to go." Charlie leaned his head on calla. "Yeah, but I'm glad you came. Besides." He leaned closer to her ear. "I think Mr.Wonka might like you." He whispered, laughing as his sister attempted to hit him. "Charlie!" The two giggled, playfully poking at each other unaware of a certain person watching and smiling along.
"Hand on..where are we going?" Mr.Salt questioned, peering at the incoming tunnel. "I don't know, but I don't like the looks of that tunnel up there. Hey, Wonka, I want off!" Mf.Beauregard replied, bring his daughter closer. Now noticing the tunnel, the group all started to panic, worried about the dark tunnel coming. "Round the world and home again, that's the sailor's way!" Wonka smiled, watching in amusement as they entered the pitch black tunnel.
As everyone was too focused on the walls, Calla slowly sunk out of her seat and onto the floor, bringing her knees to her chest to form a tight ball. There were only three things she was scared of. The dark was one of them.
Of course, Wonka has noticed the scared girl, and he felt his heart squeeze seeing her so frightened. If he could, he would have stopped the boat right then and there, but they still had a ways to go before their destination.
With his eyebrows furrowed and a frown on his face, he slowly sank down to where the girl was, wrapping her in his arms and bringing her closer. Not knowing what to do to calm the shaking girl, her closed his eyes and slowly started to rock back and forth, humming a low tune. "There's no earthly was of knowing, which direction we are going. Which direction we a rowing." He paused, glancing at the girl as she moved to wrap her arms around his neck, burying her face into his chest, before placing his head on hers. "Or which way the rivers flowing. Is it raining is it snowing. Is a hurricane a-blowing." His voice trailed off, sighing as he knew they were coming close to their stop. The male leaned back, cupping her face into his hands. "Feeling better?" The girl nodded, her cheeks flushed. Wonka smiled and stood up carefully, placing her back into the girls seat. His hand lingering on her cheek, the male gave her once last glance before going back to his seat and shouting to stop the boat.

//Okay so this is what I imagine how they hugged??? Idk//

// this chapter was short I know, and it was originally going to be longer but

// this chapter was short I know, and it was originally going to be longer but.... I haven't posted in a while and I felt kinda bad. But either way, I updated so that's good. Until next time 👋//