Ch.5

Everyone gasped as the large door opened, revealing what seemed to be an impossible room. "Oh Charlie." Calla said, looking around in awe. From the top of the staircase, the group could see everything from the gummy bear forest to the patch of lollipops.
"Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three." Wonka whispered as he looked at the chocolate room proudly, and began to walk down the stairs. The group followed behind slowly, still taking everything in. Once they had reached the bottom, Wonka turned and bowed, spreading his arms out. Taking this as the signal to go, everyone dispersed into different sections. Calla looked down to Charlie, who was still by her side. "Go on then Charlie." She ushered the boy, smiling as he took off.
Taking a moment to look around the room, she smiled to herself as she walked along the (what she assumed to be stone, but it could've been hard candy) path. After a moment of walking and humming, she felt a presence beside her. Looking up, she was greeted by a smiling Willy Wonka. "How come you're not eating anything?" He questioned, swinging his cane as he walked beside the shorter girl. "Oh it's far to beautiful to destroy and eat." She said, giving a pointed look to Veruca destroying some sort of large candy. The man nodded, looking around his room. "Yes, I do agree." After a moment of walking in silence, simply enjoying each other's company and the room, Wonka took the girl plhand and led her off the path. "Oh! I do have something I want you to try." The girl didn't respond as she looked at their intertwined hands, his being significantly larger than hers. "Now then." He said, sitting down and pulling Calla to sit beside him, his hand still holding hers. "I'm still not sure what to call it." With his other free hand, he plucked one of the flower-cups from the bush and handed it to the girl. "You can drink it, and eat it and.." he paused, but shook his head smiling. Calla looked into the flower, and back up to Wonka, taking a sip. The girl gasped and smiled, taking a larger swallow. "Oh it's wonderful!" She said, finishing of the rest of the small drink. Wonka nodded, biting into his own flower-cup.
Once the two were done, the tall man stood up, pulling the girl with him to join the rest of group gathered by the chocolate river. "What a disgusting, dirty river." Mrs.Gloop stated, looking distastefully at the river. "It's industrial waste, that. You've ruined your watershed, Wonka. It's polluted." Mr.Salt nodded at the water, eating the candy he held in his hand. Calla let go of Wonka's hand to stand next to Charlie, frowning as she missed his warmth. "It's chocolate." He mumbled, frowning as he looked at his hand, missing the girls presence beside him. Everyone gasped, staring at the chocolate river in awe. Wonka nodded and pointed to the waterfall with his cane. "Ten thousand gallons an hour. And look at my waterfall. That's the most important thing. It's mixing my chocolate, It's actually churning my chocolate. You know, no other factory in the world mixes its chocolate by waterfall." Wonka leaned in to Mr.Salts ear. "But it's the only way if you want it just right." The round man nodded, but stopped as he looked to the taller man strangely.
"Look Calla, look over there across the river! There's little men." Charlie pointed. "Well.. now we know who makes the chocolate." She said, waiving at some as they waved back. "Never seen anyone with an orange face before. Funny looking people, aren't they Wonka?" Call frowned. "Rude." She mumbled under her breath, causing the man next to her (which she didn't remember him standing near her) to laugh. "They can't be real people." Violet said, smacking on her gum. "Well of course they're real people." Wonka exclaimed. "Stuff and Nonsense." Mr.Salt shook his head. "No, Oompa Loompas." Wonka corrected. Everyone looked at him confusedly, for the never had heard of Oompa Loompas before. "From Loompaland." He nodded and smiling. "Loompaland? There's no such place." Mrs.Teevee scoffed. "Excuse me, my dear lady, but." He was cut of as the woman continued to speak. "Mr.Wonka, I am a teacher of Geography." Wonka held up his hand. "Oh, well then you know all about it and what a
terrible country it is. Nothing but desolate wastes and fierce beasts. And the poor little Oompa Loompas were so small and helpless, they would get gobbled up right and left. A Wangdoodle would eat ten of them for breakfast and think nothing of it. And so, I said, 'Come and live with me in peace and safety, away from all the Wangdoodles and
Hornswogglers and Snozzwangers and rotten Vermicious Knids.'" Calla nodded, a sweet smile gracing her face. "That was very kind of you." Wonka smiled at the girl, tempted to hold her hand but held back. "Snozzwangers Vermicious Knids? What kind of rubbish is that?" Mr.Salt exclaimed, sticking a piece of candy in his mouth. "I'm sorry, but all questions must be submitted in writing. And so, in the greatest of secrecy I transported
the entire population of Oompa Loompas to my factory here." The group nodded and turned to watch the small men work.
Running out Veruca and her whining, Wonka turned to Calla and Charlie. "So, how are you enjoying my Factory so far." He questioned, though his eyes were trained on Calla. "Its wonderful and.." Charlie paused as he caught sight of Augustus. "Oh, look at Augustus!" Charlie pointed, causing everyone to look at the large boy halfway into the river. "Augustus, sweetheart, save some room for later." The fat woman said, walking to her son with the group following. "Oh, uh, Augustus, please, don't do that. My chocolate must never be touched by human hands. Plea--don't do that! Don't do that; you're contaminating my entire river. Please, I beg you, Augustus!" Wonka shouted, just as the large boy fell into the river.
"Man overboard." Mike said, popping a round candy into his mouth.
"My chocolate! My beautiful chocolate!" Wonka shouted over the cries of help from Augustus. Calla patted his back, trying to comfort the tall man. "Don't just stand there, do something!" Mrs.Gloop yelled panicking.
"Help. Police. Murder." Wonka said in an even tone, rolling his eyes. The tall man then grabbed one of Callas hands, playing with it as the others panicked of the sinking boy, Charlie even trying to help him but failing. "Five in save him!" Mrs.Gloop shouted. "Oh, it's too late." Wonka hummed, rubbing small circles in the girl hand, smirking as he saw her flushed cheeks. "Too late?" The plump woman questioned, worried for her son. "Watch the pipe." The group all watched the pipe closely, except for Calla as she was still next to Wonka who had a hold on her hand. (Not that she minded).
"How long is he going to stay down?" Veruca questioned. "He can't swim!" Mrs.Gloop shouted again. "No better time to learn." Wonka shrugged, moving closer to the group with his hand still intertwined with Callas. "There's his coat going up the pipe." Mike pointed. "Call a plumber." Mr.Beauregarde suggested. "He's stuck up in the pipe. It's his stomach that's done that." Mr.Salt said, nodding towards the pipe. "What happens now." Calla questioned, looking up at the pipe. "Oh, the pressure'll get him out. Terrific pressure is building up behind the blockage." Wonka said, pulling out a piece of chocolate, offering some to Calla. "I wonder how long it'll take to push through." Everyone nodded, looking at the busting pipe in worry. "The suspense is terrible, I hope it'll last." Wonka smiled, popping a piece of chocolate in his mouth.
The group watched the pipe in anticipation, shouting as the boy suddenly shit up the pipe. "He's gone! He'll be made into marshmallows in five seconds!" Mrs.Gloop said, her eyes wide. "Impossible, my dear lady, that's absurd! Unthinkable!" Wonka exclaimed. "Why." Mrs.Gloop questioned. Calla moves to go beside her brother, still watching the pipe with curiosity. "Because that pipe doesn't go to the marshmallow room; it goes to the fudge room." Mrs.Gloop frowned, and shook her head. "You terrible man." Wonka only smiled and pulled out a little flute like object, playing a tune just as an Oompa Loompa comes over. The group watches as Wonka instructs the small man to take Mrs.Gloop to the fudge room. "Across the desert lies the promised land. Goodbye, Mrs.
Gloop. Adieu! Auf wiedersehen! Gesundheit. Farewell." He said, pushing the woman to follow the Oompa Loompa.
"What kind of place are you running here, Wonka?" Violets father questioned, eyeing Wonka wearily. "Uhh.. mesdames et messieurs, maintenant nous allons faire grand petit voyage par bateau." Wonka said, speaking French. "What he taking bout'" mr.Salt questioned, earning a shrug from Mr.Beauregarde. "Voulez-vous entrer le Wonkatania?" He said, just as a quaint little boat came around the bend.

"Wow, what a boat."

// yaaay, I've updated EVERY DAY SO FAR BEAT THAT. Anyways, how are you enjoying it so far? Don't forget to comment and vote!//