Ch.4

Once everyone had entered the factory, Wonka stepped onto the raised platform gaining their attention. "hats, coats, galoshes, over here.  But hurry please, we have so much time and so little to see." He paused, furrowing his eyebrows. "Wait a minute!  Strike that.  Reverse it.  Thank you."
Looking at everyone's posh coats and fancy clothing, Calla couldn't help but feel a bit self conscious as she took off her tattered woolen coat. But again, she reminded herself, at least she had something to keep her warm. "When do I get my chocolate." Calla looked over to violet and smiled to herself; at least she wasn't a snobbish nitwit.
"Boy, what weird looking coat hangers." The little boy, Mike said. Charlie and Calla looked at each other shrugging, and back to the hand shaped hangers. The group the gasped (some screaming) as they seemed to come to life, grabbing their garments. Wonka shushed the group, waving his hands in a calming motion. "Little surprises around every corner but nothing dangerous.  Don't be alarmed.  And as soon as your outer vestments are in hand, we'll begin.  Now, will the children kindly step up here." He said, turning and pulling back the curtain and revealing a large paper. Everyone stepped forward, muttering over the contract. "I can't see what's at the bottoms." Violet said, pointing and leaning in closer. The group nodded in agreement, with Calla and Charlie sharing a look in unease. "Violet." Wonka said, grabbing one of the large feather pens. "You first, sign here." Taking the pen, the little girl was getting ready to sign when her father interrupted. "Hold it! Lemme through! Violet, baby, don't you sign anything. What's this all about?" Wonka shrugged gesturing to the wall. "Standard form of contract."
"Don't talk to me about contracts, Wonka." Mr. Beauregarde started, shaking his hand. "I use em myself. They're strictly for suckers." Wonka only smiled at the round man. "Yes, but you wouldn't begrudge me a little protection. A drop?" Violets father huffed crossing his arms. "I don't sign anything with my lawyer." Calla sighed, looking down at Charlie as the other parents started agreeing with the man. "My Veruca don't sign anything either." Mr.Salt stated, grabbing his daughters shoulders. Wonka shrugged, giving an innocent smile. "Then she don't go in. Rules of the house." Veruca shrugged of her fathers hand, marching up to the platform. "I want to go in, don't you dare stop me!" Her father sighed, his voice pleading. "Sweetheart, I'm only trying to help you." Veruca turned to Violet, reaching for the pen. "Gimme me that pen." She then turned to the large paper, signing her name. "You're always making things difficult." She said, addressing her father. Wonka smiled, nodding his head. "Nicely handled, Veruca. She's a girl who knows where she's going. Violet?" He gestured for the girl to sign the paper next. Violet grabbed the pen, turning to sign her name but was stopped by her father. "Wait a minute." Mr.Beauregarde started, narrowing his eyes. "What all that small print there at the bottom?" Wonka looked across the room, scanning the Ticket Winners. "Oh, if you have any problems, dial information, thank you for calling.  Mike?  Augustus?" He questioned as Violet has signed her name while he was talking. Mrs.TeeVee hummed, speaking up. "I assume there's an accident indemnity clause." Wonka looked at the older woman, giving a grin. "Never between friends." Next up was the little boy mike and Augustus. "Saw this in a movie once. Guy signed his wife's insurance policy. Then he bumped her off." Mike said as he signed his name. Wonka nodded, stroking his chin. "Clever." Charlie looked to his older sister, his eyes pleading. "What about me, Calla?" The girl smiled, proud that he was the only one to ask and use manners so far. "Go ahead Charlie." The boy grinned, turning and running up to sign his name. "Let's go in; come on." She said impatiently. "Patience, patience, little dear. Everything has to be in order.  Everyone's signed? Yes. Good. On we go!" Wonka said, clapping his hands as he lead the way to a door. Crouching down and spinning the lock, he mumbled the code. "Ninety-nine..forty-four...one hundred percent pure." The tall man stood up, pushing open the door. "Just through the other door please." Everyone rushed through the door, only to stop as it showed a dead end. Calla grabbed Charlie's hand, as everyone started panicking and loudly speaking.
"What's going on!"
"There's no other door!"
"There's no way out!"
Wonka circled around the room, pressing against the walls. "Well I know there's a door here someplace." Mrs.Gloop let out a scream as everyone suddenly stumbled forward. Calla gasped as her hand slipped from Charlies as she stumbled backwards onto someone, their arms wrapping around her waist. "Careful my dear." His voice whispered in her ear. Wonka's arms slowly unwrapped from her waist, as he smiled at the girls blushing face. "Ah here we are." He said, pressing against the door they had previously came through. "Oh, don't be a darn fool, Wonka; that's the way we came in." Mr.Beauregarde stated, shaking his head exasperated. "It is? Are you sure." Wonka said, giving a wink to the still flushed Calla. "We've just came through there." Mr.Salt motioned to the door. Wonka hummed, leaning against the door as it suddenly burst open. The group gasped, looking around in amazement. "It's all different." Violet said, as Calla reaches for Charlie's hand again. Mr.Salt, starting to feel fed-up with Wonka shook his head. "What is this, Wonka? Some kind of fun house!" Wonka, giving a glance backwards before continuing to walk forward smiled. "Why, having fun?" Calla giggled at the mans witty remark, covering her mouth with her free hand as Wonka gave her a grin and a wink. "I've had enough! I'm not going in there!" Mrs.Teevee stated, Mr.Beauregarde agreeing with her. "Yes, come on Violet, we're getting out of here." Wonka shook his head. " Oh, you can't get out backwards. You've gotta go forwards to go back. Better press on." He said, continuing forward into the hallway. "Hey, the rooms getting smaller!" Charlie said, shaking Calla hand. "You're right." She said, looking around. "He's at it again." Mr.Salt said, shaking his head. "Where's all the chocolate." Mike questioned, looking around.
"I doubt if there is any."
"I doubt if any of us will get out her alive." Calla giggled again, finding the situation funny. "Oh, you should never, never doubt what nobody is sure about." Wonka said stopping at the end while having to crouch down, almost to his knees. (It was at time like this Calla was glad she was short, for she only had to bend over). "You're not squeezing me through that tiny door." Mrs.Gloop started, shaking her head. The rest of the adults nodded their heads, agreeing with the plump woman. Wonka, after calming the panicking group down (minus Calla and Charlie who were betting on what behind the door) turned to the people with a serious expression. "My dear friends, you are now about to enter the nerve
center of the entire Wonka Factory. Inside this room, all of my dreams become realities. And some of my realities become dreams. And almost everything you will see is eatible.  Edible. I mean, you can eat almost everything." Calls nodded excitedly, squeezing Charlie's hand. "Let me in, I'm starving!" Augustus complained, starting to take a step forward. "Now, don't get overexcited!  Don't lose your head, Augustus! We wouldn't want anyone to lose that! Yet. Now, the combination. This is a musical lock." He said, patting Augustus's cheek and turning to the small piano keyboard. Playing the small tune, Mrs.Teevee looked up smugly. "Rachmaninoff." Calla shook her head. "Actually, it's Mozart. Marriage of Figaro." Calls flushed as she looked up, seeing everyone staring at her. "Sorry.." Wonka smiled at the girl and turned to open the door.

"Ladies and Gentlemen. Boys and Girls, welcome."

//woah bro, I'm on a role updating every day so far. I hope you're enjoying it so far!!//