Ch.3 Familiar eyes and the Factory

Calla awoke with a start, coming face to face with a blue eyed boy. "Five more minutes." She mumbled, proceeding to grab the young boy and pretended he was a Teddy Bear. Charlie exploded in giggles, laughing as he tried to wiggle out the girls grip. "C'mon Calla wake up! Wake up! We're gonna be late!" She groaned and opened an eye, peeking at the boy. "What time is it anyway?" Charlie, finally breaking out the girls grip, jumped up and bounced excitedly. "It's nine-o'clock! So hurry or we'll be late!" Calla gave a chuckle at the young boys antics before sitting up and stretching, the old bed creaking as she did so. "Alright alright, chill out now. Give me ten minutes." And with that, the over excited boy ran out the room.
Shaking her head with a smile, the girl looked to the small wooden chair that sat to the right of her room in the corner. On the chair, contained a blue dress adorned with white buttons that went all the way down the front and white stripes which outlined the pockets and sleeves. It was the girls nicest article of clothing she had, and was only worn on special occasions (which she considered today to be a rather special occasion). Brushing out her hair and putting on her well worn leather brown boots, she looked at the final product in the mirror.
"You look beautiful." Calla jumped at the voice, turning around to her mother. "Thank you. I suppose it's time to go now, huh." Mrs Bucket nodded, a smile present on her face. "Yes. I'm sorry I couldn't see you and Charlie off, but I-." Calla cut her mother off with a hug. "I know mom, and it's okay, you have work. Besides, we'll be home no later than tonight..hopefully." Her mother chuckled and patted the smaller girl on the back. "Yes we'll, you best be going now. Don't want to be late."

Up on the stage, the girl could practically feel the excitement buzzing through the air. They were surrounded by what seemed to be thousands of people, News reporters, and even a band. Down the platform, Calla could see the other Ticket winners. Mr. Beauregarde was talking to the news reporters about his auto repair shop when his daughter, smacking on her gum rather loudly, interrupted him. "Cut it out dad, for heavens sake. This is my show." Next to them where Mr.Salt and his daughter, demanding to go in first with her father complying. And then, Mrs gloop, taking food away from her son as he continued to stuff his face (which was rather disgusting in Callas opinion). "Save some room for later, Augustus liebling." Calla then looked to the other side of her and Charlie, seeing the only other little boy here quietly talking to his mother. "Calla." Said Charlie, tugging on her dress to get her attention. "I don't believe it, we're actually going in." The girl smiled and ruffled up his hair. "I know! We're going to see Mr.Willy Wonka, the greatest of them all!" She responded just as excitedly.
After a few more moments of waiting, just as the clock stroke Ten, the door opened. Everyone in the crowd cheered, including Calla and her brother, but soon quieted down as the man of the hour came into view. He was wearing a purple velvet coat with a patterned shirt underneath, a golden bow tie, beige colored dress pants, and a burnt orange colored top hat. But, most noticeable was his limp as he walked down the red carpeted path, leaning heavily on his cane. Everyone gasped, trying to get a view of the limping as his cane got stuck on the brick pathway. It was silent as the people watched the man start to tilt forward, though soon applauded and cheered when he did an acrobatic somersault.
"Thank you. Thank you. Welcome, my friends. Welcome to my chocolate factory." He motioned to the group on the platform. "Would you come forward please." Everyone rushed down, excluding Calla and Charlie as they made their way calmly. "Veruca first! Get back, come on Veruca sweetheart." Mr.salt yelled, pushing everyone back rudely. Calla frowned and squeezed Charlie hand. "Now Charlie." She started, going 'parent mode' as her brother like to call it. "There's no reason to push and shove like that understand. It's rude and unmannerly, especially because we're all going to the same place. It's not a competition." Charlie nodded, and gasped as he caught sight of Slugworth. "That's him! The man I told you about!" Calla nodded and grabbed his hand, ushering him along.
Once they arrived at the gate, Mr.Wonka gave a smile as he eyed all the guest. "Welcome. It's nice to have you here. I'm so glad you could come. This is going to be such an exciting day.
I hope you enjoy it. I think you will. And now would you please show me your Golden Tickets." Veruca was the first to go, hand outstretched with the golden ticket. "I'm Veruca Salt." The man have a smile, bending down to take the ticket. "My dear Veruca, what a pleasure. And how pretty you look in that lovely mink coat." The small girl smiled and raised her nose up smugly, walking to where she was told to stand. Calla, dozed off into her own imagination, was startled by a sudden shout. "Wham!" The tall man grunted, as the boy jabbed him in the gut with his toy gun. "You're dead!" Wonka chuckle, giving of a smile (which seemed rather fake to Calla) and proceeded to shake mrs. TeeVee's hand. "What an adorable little boy you have." The woman grinned and said a thank you, joining the rest of the Golden Ticket winners. "Charlie Bucket." The blonde boy said, handing out his ticket. "Well, well, Charlie bucket. I read all about you in the papers. And who is this beautiful young lady." Wonka asked, smiling as he made eye contact with the shorter girl. "That's my older sister Calla." Charlie stayed, moving to the side. "Your name suits you my dear." Calla blushed, then narrowing her eyes as she looked at the tall man, for his eyes seemed familiar. "Now then!" Wonka said turning around and walking where he had previously came from. "Are we ready? Yes, in we go!"

//yay so slightly longer chapter! Do you like longer chapters or shorter ones? Don't forget to leave a comment on what you think so far :))//