Chapter 11 - Meredith

Early in the morning Madeline got a call from Helen Hall who is Ethan and Ian's grandmother, and the head of Hall Industries. She's not the one in charge in the company anymore but everyone knows that she still has the power to do anything in the company, since she was working there years ago. So, now Mads goes back to the house. Actually she was thinking of going back anyway. I know she misses her boyfriend very much.

I got a call from Bea, asking me to have lunch with her in the restaurant. She always chooses some new fancy restaurant. I bet she got the invitation for free.

I'm wearing my green knitwear loose long sleeves, with black faux skin shorts and high knee black boots. I need to maintain my appearance since I'm one of fashion icon right now. And mostly because I love fashion. I braided my hair to the side. My makeup is minimal. I'm just wearing mascara and lip gloss, and some skin care. I'm wearing heavy make up for my day on stage or shooting set.

I sling my black Chanel bag, ready to go. I walk outside my apartment, at the same time as Ian.

"Good afternoon neighbor!" He says with his megawatt smile. His smile is cute, but his blue green eyes that always mesmerized me.

"Good afternoon, Ian". He presses the elevator button. The elevator opens and we get in. "Lobby or basement?" He asks me.

"Basement" I say and he presses the button.

"Merry, are you a professional entertainer?" He asks me while the elevator brings us down.

I frown at him, feeling offended "of course I am!"

He grins "perfect! I can't wait to see it"

"What do you mean?" Now I'm confused.

"Nothing"

I'm about to force him to say when the elevator is open and people get in the elevator. There are 4 old people get inside and start talking about golf.

I look at Ian, he looks at me and winks. He is into something. I know it! From his look, I doubt I will like it.

We arrived in the basement. I walk to my car, before I can say goodbye to Ian, he calls me. "Merry, I'll see you tomorrow"

"Tomorrow I can't. I have a photoshoot"

He winks and gets inside to his red Ferrari. Gosh! Even his car is so sexy. I get inside to my Maserati and go.

***

I raise an eyebrow at Bea. She wants to tell me something but from the way she keeps holding the conversation I know it's not something I'd like. Bea is the straight shooter type. She will say yes or no. There is no in between. But she also knows what her talents like or dislike. Like now, she knows whatever she's going to say to me is something I don't like.

"Spit it out, Bea" I tell her.

She inhales. "Don't kill me, okay! It's about tomorrow photoshoot"

"The underwear campaign photoshoot?" I confirm to her.

She nods. "You... um... okay, first we already signed the contract. You cannot cancel it, or we have to pay a lot of money which is not worthy. Um... i just got a phone call from them that they will pairing you..." she bites her bottom lip for a while and continues "with Christian Hall"

My eyes widened "what?" My voice is rising and I realized we are in public so I try to control my volume. "How come? What about Daniella and Olivia? We are always together for the photoshoot. And since when Christian Hall join this campaign?"

"Daniella and Olivia will have another theme. As for Christian Hall. He has been joining the campaign since last year. But last year you didn't do the photoshoot because you were shooting in Morocco" I remember that. Last year I was so busy with the last installment of the franchise film with Matt. And the shooting date took longer than we expected so I need to cancel the campaign. And I didn't see the campaign photoshoot because when it was out, I was busy with my tour. Damn it!