Chapter 52 - Meredith

Yuka comes in with a tray of breakfast. I don't have any appetite. Not after I break things off with Ian. He looked so hurt. But I'm hurt too. I don't know where I stand in his heart. I can't believe he loves me. Maybe if I heard before dad told me he loves me, I would believe him.

"Eat Mer!"

"Okay" I say weakly and start eating half heartedly.

"What do you want to do today? Stay here or you want me to arrange something for you?"

I shake my head. "I don't know"

She nods. "Let me know if you need anything okay." She goes to my bedroom and takes care of the dress I used yesterday.

I'm still eating when someone opens the door. Ian! My heart thumps wildly. I stand up. The man is... "Drew!"

"Hey!" Andrew comes to me and hugs me "you okay Mer" he pulls back and looks at me.

I shake my head. "I... broke up with Ian" I cry and hug him. Andrew just caresses my back.

***

"Jesus Mer... why do you have to do that to him? We told you so many times that he loves you! And we also told you that you have to come clean with him. Now he realized it by himself it hurts him more than you come clean to him" Andrew says to me. He is a little bit desperate with my stubbornness I think.

I'm still crying. Somehow Ian's hurt face is still very clear in my head. I know I hurt him. But I just want to protect myself. I don't want to get hurt anymore.

"You said you are here for me" I try to complain.

"I'm here for you. So I will also blatantly tell you that you are wrong for doing this to Christian" he is frowning.

"I need Madeline" I say under my breath.

He chuckles. "Sorry sis you only have me here. Mads contacted me this morning to go to you because she can't go right now. The doctor doesn't let her go"

I pout. But I understand why Mads couldn't go.

"Did you know where is Christian?" Andrew asks me.

"Did you know we just broke up?" I snap back.

He chuckles. "Fine, I'm going to find him. He called me this morning. I want to check with him"

"He called you?" I look at him. "Why?"

"Asking me about the hotel's footage. He said he intends to find the fucker" he walks to the door. "Stay here. I'll come back later sis" he leaves.

Later that day, Andrew took me for lunch. I didn't want to go. I just wanted to hole up in my suite. But he insisted. Said he will make sure no one will find me. Is he going to kill me and throw me on the cliff?

Andrew took me to a staff elevator. We went straight to the parking lot where his Range Rover parked. With tinted black glass. When he drove past the Roderick main lobby, there were so many paparazzi. Jesus Christ!

"Guess I make a big problem for your securities" I say to Drew.

He nods. "Yes that's why you owe me one."

I look skeptical at him "um... I don't think I want to know how to pay it"

He chuckles "it's easy Mer. Just enjoy this lunch. Okay"

I nod, but I know he is up to something.

We are crossing the bridge. "Where are you going to take me Drew? We're not having lunch in NY?"