The Man of Her Dreams

December 24, 1883
Casa Dolores, Tondo, Maynila
5:18pm

After a long and tiring day of work, Blanca prepared her things before going home. Her mother told her that they would stop by a seamstress to get the 'baro't saya' that she would wear on Christmas.

Arriving at their doorstep, she noticed a calesa that belonged to Doña Fatima. Her suitor has arrived before them.

"Blanca! My daughter-in-law." Doña Fatima kissed her on the cheeks.

"Good Afternoon Doña Paloma and Blanca, I bought some gifts for you." A man beside her greeted them.

"Ah, Sergio! Please have a seat. It's a pleasure to see you again." Blanca's father entered the lounge and welcomed his future son-in-law.

The arranged couple was left on the balcony while their parents went into the kitchen to discuss the wedding and their future plans. They were silent, but it was not awkward.

Later, Sergio picked up a box that was decorated in gold and silver. He opened it and gave her an emerald necklace to Blanca. He also gave her a book containing all the poems that he wrote for her, he even recited his favorite one in front of her.

She blushed and hid her face with her hands. Sergio found it cute and sang a passionate song. While singing, he caught her smiling and was entranced by it.

He stops for a second, cups her cheeks, and stares at her. Magnificent, a masterpiece, a wonder. He couldn't find any more words to describe her as those weren't enough. He leans closer and lightly kissed her lips.

It was heaven, they thought, but it was hell to someone else. No, it was greater than hell, as Ambrosio saw his beloved woman with someone else.

As Blanca and Sergio pulled away from each other, she saw Ambrosio holding flowers beside Doña Fatima's calesa.

"Oh! Ambrosio!" - "Excuse me for a while señor, I have to see someone." She went down the stairs to see her friend, leaving Sergio confused.