Threads Of Fate

March 19, 1888
Canaoay, La Union
5:54pm

An unknown figure appeared in front of him. An elegant woman dressed in sparkling pearls and silver cloth called him to walk near the shore. He was scared, but her soft voice encouraged him. A blue boat decorated with seashells drifted on the beach, and the woman instructed him to get on board. He followed her, and the waves started to push the boat.

"Don't be scared, my child, for I, Aman Sinaya, would guide you to the sky. When you reach the heavens, the fate that you took would be judged. When they approve, you could plead for another chance."

The winds and the waves started to go violent as if it is trying to reach the stars. The clouds gave thunder and rain to support the raging storm.

Aman Sinaya, the goddess of the sea, was moved by the lovers' story that she decided to help them.

" Oh poor souls played by the gamble of fate, I bless and pray that the goddess of the moon would be kind to you..." she bid her goodbye to him.

The gigantic waves produced by the monstrous sea delivered Ambrosio and Blanca to the moon. Ambrosio hugged her wife as the waves struggle to get higher.

Finally, they have reached the first part of heaven, the garden of the moon. As he steps his foot on the ground, he felt a warmth that welcomed him in that obscure scenery. He saw colors that he had never seen before, a splendid lake with pine trees surrounding it.

He turned around and saw beautiful men offering to take her wife. He refused at first but slowly accepted that the fact that no matter how much he mourns for her, it wouldn't do anything for her.

Later, a dark-skinned girl with white hair walked towards him. She was wearing a golden veil that masks her face, and he can feel a Godly presence from the girl. She asked the crying man what happened. He told the mysterious lady his hardships and his triumph against his original fate.

"Ah yes, the different outcomes and encounters of fate. Isn't it interesting?

Do you know that only a few people actually succeed in altering their previous life?

But it doesn't mean that their altered future is better than their original destiny," the woman said while sitting beside him.

"In Blanca's original life, she lived harmoniously with Sergio. They had five children, moved to Europe, and grew old satisfied with her life," she added.

"Are you saying that my choice to be with Blanca ruined a better future?" he asked.

"No my boy, I'm saying that  something in our fate may be changed, but it is inescapable. Fate weaves itself, whatever you do, whatever you choose, it would always go with what has woven."

At that time, Ambrosio questioned if he was really destined for Blanca.

" Well then my boy, it's time to go back."

The girl stood up and called the beautiful men.

" Do you still want to remember this conversation? Or do you want to forget everything and start a new life again?" The men gave her a lyre.

"Even though it's painful, I want to remember everything that happened between us, "  he answered.

"Well then, go back to the land you were born and keep the wisdom that you have gained from me."

The girl started to strum here lyre and sang a sorrowful song. Ambrosio started to feel drowsy. He heard the chorus of her divine song, and he begins to sleep.

When he woke up, he was lying on the shore, trying to comprehend what had just happened. He just sighed, sat up and looked at the sunrise.

"If it is destiny, I will accept it. I will cherish my feelings of longing for you that are only growing. If we were really fated, if we were really in love, 

I will see you again."

He stops for a minute to remember the little boy that helped him to turn back time.

" I'll bury you in my fading memories, and I'll be able to live with just those.

Your eyes, your face, if I can forget all of it, will I be able to go back to when I say you? 

-I can only wish for that to happen."

He stands up and leaves the beach.