Repetition

December 24, 1883
Tondo, Maynila
6:20am

Ambrosio woke up on the cottage clinic again, the nuns and ladies surround him. He was surprised at first, but he finally understands what he needs to do. He wants to be with Blanca in this other life. He stood up and ran outside. His body still hurts, but he doesn't care anymore, he doesn't want to lose the chance that was given to him.

He dashed through the chaotic market and saw Blanca.

"Blanca!" he shouted. He was overjoyed to call her name again.

"Ambo? Where are you?" She tried to find the voice that was calling her.

His palms reached her hands and dragged her out of the streets. They ran through an alley and stopped to catch their breath.

"My goodness, Ambrosio! You... you can't just drag me out of nowhere... what if I fell in that crowd?" she complained.

Ambrosio hugged her out of a sudden. She was shocked at first, but she also put her hands around him and smiled.

"Did something happen? Have you overworked again?"

"I thought I won't see you again..."

"What are you talking about? I am always here," Blanca was worried.

He pulled out of their hug and looked at her in the eyes.

"Can you meet me tonight on the shore? " he asked.

"Of course, why?"

"I have something to tell you."

"Alright, but first let's go to the Plaza del Mercado to buy something. Okay?"

They proceeded to go to the plaza, and Blanca bought the materials that her mother asked. While she wasn't looking, Ambrosio saw the flowers near the pond, he remembers the night of Sergio's proposal. 

Instead of picking the flowers, he bought lanterns that he would use later.