Chapter 8:

Jungkook's POV:

I can't stop myself. I avoided him, and he is also avoiding me. I can tell it at the first glance. But, it just felt so wrong. I mean... I don't know why I'm feeling this kind of shit. I shouldn't care nor be worried about him. But, why do I feel guilty. Guilty Everytime, I see him crying and broken. Maybe, I just know inside myself. That I was the reason behind those tears, or at least I'm one of those reasons why he is hurt this much.

Tonight, I'll talk with him. I'll try to know everything. I'll try to... To know what he really felt. I'll try it for the last time, be a good boyfriend or at least a friend. It's only right, am I right?

"Jungkook..."-he said in a low tone while still staring at the dark sky. His eyes are glittering, it looks like a stars inside his eyes.

"Hmmh?"-i just responded not wanting to sound bad or uninterested.

" After this two weeks, I'd like you to leave me without looking back. What I meant is... Once, these are all done. I want you to leave, like I was never part of your life. Like, you just came into my life. Got bumped into me, but it turns out that I was just a stranger. I don't want to see you again, after 2 weeks. Oh no. It's only 8 days left right?(he looked at me, and he tried to smile) Time is passing so past. I... Uh..."-he had lost from his own words.

I just knew why. Because he's too hurt from his own words. But, why?! Why is he not saying anything to, stop me. Why is he not begging me to stay with him? Is he really this dumb? He is just hurting himself. Why can't he say the words, he really wanted to say? Why does he have to pretend to be okay, when he's not.

"Fine. I'll never look back on you. And, I'll treat you like a stranger once we met after the break up. If that's what makes you happy. Well, I have no problem with it though. It's actually a good idea for me."- I answered back trying to trace the sadness in his eyes a while ago.

Liar! What do you really want? For once, can't you be honest with him?! For once, can you not hurt him?!

"Well...( He bite his lips) I'm glad then."-he smiled towards me. This time, it's a pure smile. He's no more hurt.

I was left dumbfounded. I mean, how can he act like he's totally fine when, a while ago I saw the sadness in his eyes? How can he changed his feelings and emotions that fast?

"Then, good. That way, there won't be a problem between us. Our break up, will be a better ending and start then. "

Lie...

"Yeah. I'm looking forward for that day too. I... Uh... I'm just going to go inside. I'm already asleep."

"I'll help you then."- I offered him. But, he didn't allow me.

"I've counted the steps already. You don't have to worry about me... Anymore."-the last word was more likely a whisper. But, I did heard it clearly.

He really wants to move on, then. Well, it's a good thing for me though. In that way, when we broke up I won't felt any guilt at all. He wants this break up that much, same with how I wanted it.

"Good night..."-he said when he finally turned his back away from me.

"Good night... Taehyung."- I just feel like, my heart is tightening inside my chest. I don't know why. Maybe, it's just because of the climate. We are in Daegu now. The air is fresh, and everything seems to be refreshing. The cold air, and the dark sky.

It's just that,I feel my heartbeat exploding at this very moment.

When I entered the house, I saw tatay who's still awake and still crying secretly at the corner of the dining room. I went to his direction and sat beside him. He flinched at first. But then, he wiped away his tears, after realizing that it was me who sat beside him.

There was a long pause and silent between us.

As if, he is finding and collecting the thoughts inside his mind.

"Son... I know that, something is off with you and Tae-Tae. Is it really the end for you two? Can't you not just talk about it and fixed everything else, before everything turns to nothing?"-he is staring at me now, like trying to convince me through that stare.

"But... But, the pain is too deep already. Taehyung-ah, had been through a lot of pain already because of me. And...(I sigh) after 8 days, we'll break up. There's no way I can prevent it from happening. It's my decision to break up with him. He... He agreed in the break up, only if I stayed with him for 2 weeks."

I can feel the pain inside my heart. I don't really know why and what's the use of feeling this kind of thing. I should be happy, because finally I can love again without having to felt guilty. But, why is my heart telling me the exact opposite?

After the long silence. Tatay broke the silence. He is standing in front of me now.

"We've witness your love for each other. I know, it's only for a week. But, we felt how you both really love each other. How much more of you guys? You've been together for 7 years. Yet, you are doubting your love for each other."

"No...(I looked down) I mean, I am not doubting it. It just that,after such a long years. Maybe, we've grown tired of each other. That the love we used to see and felt visibly,has now become invisible. And... And, I think. It's for the better of us two to just let go of each other, before we caused too much pain to one another."

"Listen son. Your nanay Nora, had been through a lot of fights and all. Believe me, it has been worse for both of us. But do you know, what is holding us back together?... It's not only the love. But,each other. We've grown up together, and we had become part of each other. She's living in my heart, and so do I. You might not realized it yet, but when we first met you. We saw ourselves on you. But seeing you broke up like this, it also breaks my heart. You're like a son to me. And I want to help you...( He tapped my shoulder, resting his hands on me) Do you think, he'll do these things if he doesn't love you anymore? Why did he agreed on the break up? Do you think, it's because he's not happy with you anymore? And you. Why are you doing this thing for him, if you really grew tired of him, of loving him? Isn't it all an answer to your questions? Isn't it enough for you to stay together?"

"What do you mean, tatay?"-im more curious now. I don't really get what is he trying to say.

"I hope, before the day of your break up. You two, realizes how much you love each other. The one who is willing to let go just to see his lover happy, and the other one who confuses true love from fake love. Jungkook, don't let go of the most important wealth that you could ever have in your life. Don't regret before the end comes. Because, regret is for those who commit mistake without knowing. And regret never comes first... (One last tapped then he turn his back from me). I'm going to sleep. You better sleep also."-he said as he walk to their shared room(nanay Nora).