Chapter 13:💌

Author's POV:

"This is your third life then?"

"Y-yeah..."-Jungkook answered while trying to get up.

"You can go home after all the examinations. Anyway, you slept for 4 days because of the operation. Don't worry, your wounds are not that deep and serious as before."-he said trying to look at his schedule board.

"You still remember me?"-he looks surprised.

"Of course. How can I forget my patients like you and Mr. Kim Taehyung. True love is really powerful isn't it?. I mean, I didn't expect someone to sacrifice his own vision just because of love..."-he was cut off as he realized what he had said. He turned his back away from Jungkook. Trying to escape.

"Wait?! Doc, what do you mean by that? What sacrifice of vision? And for love? I don't get it? Dr. Jung, please...I need to know the truth. I deserve to know the truth."

"But it's against the..."-he didn't finished what he is about to say. As Jungkook tried to stand up.

"Fuck!!! I don't care about it all! Just please, tell me the fuckin truth. What had really happened two years ago? What are you saying sacrifice? Please..."-he is now pleading with his teary eyes.

"Ugghhh!!! Okay fine. Just please come down. You still have to rest."

Silence...

He sat beside Jungkook's bed.

He sighed deeply.

"Remember the day you got into an accident? Taehyung and you are together right? You're the driver of the car and he's sitting on the passenger seat right?"

"Yeah. I already know that. Just tell me, what happened then."- he is irritated.

"Well. Taehyung wasn't the one who got too much injury. He isn't the one who got into trouble. Remember, when we said that you have been into coma for months?"

Jungkook just nodded.

"Taehyung is the one who told us what happened on the accident. While we are operating you, he is crying really hard. He is insisting on seeing you after your operation."

"That's crazy. He can't do that, because he got blinded. Or..."

"Or not."-the doctor cut him.

"Wh-what are you saying?"-his voice cracked.

" He visited you, while you're still unconscious. After two days, you finally woke up. But... But something had happened."

Jungkook felt his body trembling.

"You're blinded by the accident. Because of that, you don't responded to the treatments we gave to your body. It might be because, you're still thinking that you're still asleep. We got furious about it, but... The first person who felt devastated is probably Taehyung. Seeing you in that kind of situation, lead him to his final decision.  The greatest and toughest decision in the name of love."

"I... I can't understand it. Wh-what a-arree you say-saying?"-he is panicking inside, but still calmed down outside.

"(He looked at Jungkook with serious eyes). He... He donated his own eyes for you. He volunteered to give you his eyes."

"That's insane?! What are you saying then? That, you lied to me at the very first?"

"No. It's not that way... Before the operation, he talked to me. He said that, things should remain as it is. He said that, we should tell you that you got into a coma and he got blinded by the accident. He said that, he doesn't want you to feel guilty. I don't know, but that time. I just saw what pure love looks like."

"No!... It's not true right? How can he do such thing just for me? I've only caused to much pain to him? And... Why did he never told me about it? He could have slapped me a million times because of this, but why?(he is crying hard now) Why did he not tell me about it? Why?!!!"

"I... I don't know his real reason either. But I'm sure for one. He doesn't want you to feel the guilt. He doesn't want you to blame yourself..."-Hoseok is also tearing up.

"But... Do you know how I've caused too much pain towards him? I hurted him. God knows how much pain he had felt. I... I don't deserve his love. I should have paid him with all of my life! But instead, ____ instead I broke his heart. Hoseok, I... I have to see him. Please... Please, allow me to go."-he is holding Dr. Jung's hands.

"But you know that, I can't do that."-he looks worried.

"Please... I have to see him and beg for forgiveness. If not, I might lose him. I might never see him again. So please... Please..."-he is crying really hard, his breathing is not normal anymore.

"Okay fine.___But. But I'll drive you home. Just tell me your address. I'll help you, I can't just let my patient to go out and die, you know?... What if something bad happens? I can't take it!"

"Thank you!"-Jungkook hugged the doctor tightly.

The doctor is accompanying him. Making sure that he's fine. It's almost 5:35 pm when they got to Jungkook's house. As Jungkook steps getting closer to the door. He can feel his heart beat going faster. Tears are continuously rolling down. He tightly held the door knob before finally pushing the door open.