eight

renjun

i chuckled lightly as i pressed the button to end the call. it made me happy that my best friend was finally happy and dating the boy he's been crushing on for so long.

'you look happy.' yuta commented and my smile grew even bigger. 'my best friend is dating his crush.' this made a small smile crawl on to yuta's face. he slid his phone into his pocket and stood up, dusting off his pants. 'i hope they're happy. it was nice meeting you kid, i've got to get back now. i think i'll be seeing you around.' i smiled and bowed slightly, waving as he left the room.

after a while jeno peeped his head around the door, gesturing for me to follow him out. i left the room with him and walked to the main area where i could see jaemin talking to a boy i instantly recognized as jisung's friend. the pair turned their heads to face us when they noticed jeno and i.

'oh hey, you're chenle's friend right?' i nodded my head at him, smiling politely. jeno and jaemin looked between the two of us. 'you know mark?' jaemin asked me, his head slightly tilted to the side. 

'not really, he's dating my best friend's boyfriend.' jaemin and jeno nodded their heads understandingly. mark's eyes widened at my statement.

'dude they're dating? i knew it, lucas better pay up.' i raised my eyebrows and laughed. 'you were betting on them?'

'hell yeah, lucas said they're just friends but have you seen the way jisung stares at chenle? the boy is in love.'

'i hate to break your bonding moment but jaemin and i are taking renjun out for coffee. i'll see you tomorrow.' jeno nodded his head at mark as me and jaemin followed him out of the store, waving at mark.

jeno guided us into a familiar café. it was the one that chenle and i had previously visited. we walked through the door and i smiled once i saw donghyuck, still happy as ever. we made our way to the counter and once it was our turn donghyuck's smile grew.

'renjun! it's nice to see you again. i've seen you around school a couple of times but never got the chance to say hello. what can i get you all?'

he took our orders down quickly. jaemin ordered a strawberries and cream frappé, i ordered an ice coffee and jeno ordered a simple americano. while jeno was paying for all three of us, despite me arguing with him, we were interrupted by the sound of the door opening and jaemin's name being called.

'jaemin, you left your phone at the store.' i turned my attention to mark who seemed out of breath although the store was right beside the café. he handed jaemin his phone before his eyes darted to donghyuck who's face instantly reddened. 

'hey i know you from somewhere.' he looked at donghyuck, his eyes studying his face as he tried to figure out where. donghyuck cleared his throat, telling him they had the same pe class. 'yes, that's it. you're the one who's good at dancing. well i have to go, bye guys.' he waved at us before jogging back out of the store.

donghyuck looked at me, feeling his face. 'is my face red?'

'someone has a crush.' i chuckled and his face reddened even more. he coughed nervously before he returned to jeno. he paid for the drinks and we all found a table, waiting for our drinks to be made.

'jun, we actually asked you to hang out because we want to tell you something.' i looked at jeno as we sat down, nodding to let him know he could continue. he turned his gaze to jaemin who smiled. i noticed him take jeno's hand in his reassuringly. i could tell this would be serious and i didn't know how to feel about it.

'jaemin and me- we're poly.' i could feel both of them staring at me, their eyes darting around my face for any sign of a reaction. i realized they were waiting for me to say something and i looked at the ground.

'i um, i don't know what that means.' i smiled sheepishly at them and jaemin relaxed a bit, laughing.

'i thought you hated us for a second.' he smiled before he started to explain with the help of jeno. once they had told me what it means and explained how they feel and anything else they felt they should add, once again their eyes were on me as they waited for me to speak.

'i don't really know what you want me to say. if you're worried about me having a problem with it, don't. you should be able to be who you are and i'm perfectly fine with that.' i smiled reassuringly at them and they both sighed in relief, standing up to pull me into a hug.

right at that moment, somebody coughed to get our attention. we broke away from each other to see donghyuck standing there with a small smile and our drinks.

'sorry, but i just know i'm going to drop one of these drinks if nobody takes them.'

we all laughed and took our drinks, thanking him. he left and we all drank as we talked about our lives, growing closer by the minute.

a/n: double update because why not, also this chapter isn't edited or proofread so if there's mistakes i'm sorry <3

just curious, who in dream do y'all think i bias just judging from the energy i give off?