eleven

for once in his life, dread filled renjun's body when the bell rang and he wished there was at least another ten minutes of class left for him to prepare for lunch. he waited until the other students had poured out of the classroom in a not so orderly fashion and he began to tidy up his own desk.

'renjun, are you okay love? you seem distracted, everyone else has left already.' i jumped seeing that the teacher was suddenly beside me, smiling at me with soft eyes. i nodded and grabbed the rest of my things quickly before standing up and bowing.

'thank you miss, but yes i'm okay.' i smiled back at her and she moved to let me walk past. the sound of somebody clearing their throat caught our attention and we both looked towards the door. another teacher was standing at the door, grinning. i heard my teacher scoff beside me.

'one second, jungeun.' she held up one finger at the teacher before turning back to me. 'renjun, you should hurry to lunch before you waste the time here. remember you can talk to me or any other teacher if you need help with anything.' i smiled and bowed at her once again before leaving the classroom.

haseul sighed and looked at her wife giggling and leaning against the door frame. 

'when will these kids stop calling me miss, i feel like a sixty year old grandma.'

----------------------------

i instantly spotted chenle with his boyfriend and my two crus- friends at our usual table. as i got closer i also noticed another boy sitting with them. i got to the table and went to sit down on the right side of chenle but he was quick to block me with his bag. 'sorry, this seat is taken.' he smirked and i raised an eyebrow. i looked around the table to see the only other empty seat was beside jaemin. i glared at my best friend before hesitantly walked to the empty seat and sitting down. jaemin turned his attention to me once he noticed and a smile instantly spread across his face.

'junie, you're finally here.' i tensed as he wrapped his arms around me, engulfing me in a hug. after a few seconds i relaxed and awkwardly wrapped my arms around him. i could see jeno staring at us with a fond smile and i panicked, pulling away from jaemin and faking a cough.

i remembered the other boy and looked towards him. i recognized him but couldn't think of where i had seen him. chenle seemed to notice me staring as he spoke up.

'ah renjun, this is mark. he's jisung's friend.' mark looked at me, seemingly surprised at the sound of his name. he quickly replaced the surprised look with a smile. i instantly smiled without realizing, he was the kind of person who almost forced a smile upon your face when you see him, in a good way of course.

'i'm renjun, nice to meet you.' his smile grew bigger and we talked more about ourselves, the others eventually joining in on our conversation.

'hey um, do you mind if i sit here?' chenle's rant about how he tried to cook cat food was interrupted by a voice at the end of our table. i turned and saw donghyuck standing there with his infamous smile on his face.

'hey hyuck, of course! there's a seat here between me and mark.' chenle giggled when he saw my unimpressed face as he removed the bag from the seat beside him. donghyuck thanked him before seating himself between the two. chenle continued his rant and i noticed mark had become more quiet. i didn't question him, he could just be quiet around strangers.

'hey could one of you pass me my water bottle?' jisung pointed to a bottle that was at the end of the table beside mark. both mark and donghyuck reached for it causing their hands to brush. i watched as a dusty pink spread across mark's cheeks and he cleared his throat, standing up quickly.

'i forgot i have to be somewhere, i'll see you guys later.' we all watched in confusion as he grabbed his bag and rushed out of the cafeteria.

i recognized that panicked look and smiled,looking at my food. at least somebody was also experiencing what i was going through.

'