Season Greetings

13 years later ~

A/N: This is what Eira looks in the story

A/N: This is what Eira looks in the story. Wearing her work clothes at the beginning (the ones that the employees are in the video if confused).

Eira's P.O.V.

The mall that I work in was INSANE! The holiday shopping I understand, but attacking my coworkers and other customers that's a big ol' no-no. They flooded in, trying to get the hottest toys and newest whatever we have here or have their kids visit Santa. My coworkers had to dodge every one of them, the security guards tried their best to calm the commotion, and cashiers helped the customers pay for their "most valuable" things. Thanks to my boss, he allowed me to leave work early to spend time with family. Or at least try.

We all returned home after Max had a little fight with somebody in his class recital and ended up with a black eye. "I don't care who started it, Max." Mom said to Max calmly. "Ben Kuklinski started it and everybody knows it." Max protested. "We even have the whole thing on video," Beth added. "When you should've been helping our brother." I glared at her after I gave Omi a small kiss on the cheek. Beth rolled her eyes back to her phone. "You're gonna write an apology to the rest of your class for ruining the recital." Dad added it strictly. "And what were you thinking, Max? He was twice your size." I asked him with a questioning face. "Yeah, but Ben Kuklinski is ragging on Christmas. He even told the first graders that Santa was just a cheap marketing ploy invented to sell Pepsi." He stated to our parents while they unpacked groceries. "Coke." I and Beth corrected it. "Both of you know what I mean!" "But not why you care." Beth murmured. I hit her shoulder (gently). She paid no attention. "Well someone's got to." Max murmured back. Mom came to Max with an ice pack in hand.

As she put her free hand on his bruised cheek. I winced as Max was in pain, feeling the impact of how Ben punched him in the face. "Ah, it's not so bad just keep icing it ." she resisted him as she gave him another pack of ice. Dad looked up to Max. "And was drop-kicking him into the major really the best way to handle this?" Dad asked. Max held his free hand up in defense. "Okay, that was not my fault." He protests. Mom and I gave him a confused look. "All I had to eat was Christmas fudge and candy canes." I shrugged and nodded my head in acknowledgment. "Well, I hate to sound harsh but every kid has to learn the truth someday." "MOM!" I yelled in disbelief. "I know. I just- I didn't want it ruined for the little kids." Maxie explained. Part of me knew that wasn't true.

Dad came over to the kitchen counter and changed the channel from the Christmas Carol to a crappy news report. "Looks, great Mom," Dad commented, giving Omi a kiss. "Danke (Thank you)." She responded in German as she does always. "Don't work too hard, though. Sarah brought a bunch of cookies from the store." He added. My eyes widened and my mouth gaped. I told her not to, and she tricked me! SHE TRICKED HER OWN DAUGHTER! My mind came to reality when Mom said. "I thought you said you weren't working over Christmas?" I turned to Dad, seeing his phone in hand. "I said no traveling over Christmas. I still have to take a few calls." Dad reassured her before going back to his conversation on his call. "WAIT, GUYS, AREN'T WE STILL GONNA WATCH CHARLIE BROWN AND WRAP CHRISTMAS PRESENTS LIKE ALWAYS?!" Max exclaimed. Gods I miss those days. Dad stopped talking and placed his phone on his shoulder. "You know what? After what you pulled, you can that alone." "DAD!" "And quick. Your cousins get here any minute. Yeah, Roger." he added, went back to his conversation, heading into another room. I looked at Mom, signaling her to stop him. But she ignored me, taking a photo frame with her turned to my distracted sister. "Beth, help me hang this." Heading to the living room, while Beth rolled her eyes and followed. "Wait. Mom, aren't we gonna watch Charlie Brown?!" Max exclaimed again but was ignored.

My heart pained to see Max upset. As he sat down with defeated, Omi and I nodded to each other in agreement. Omi put a little flour on his nose while placed my Santa hat on his head and kissed him. Making him smile causing us to do the same. "Hast du deinen Brief schon fertig? (Have you finished your letter yet?)" Omi asked Maxie. He pulled out his letter from his reindeer costume pocket showing it to us. "I started, but- I don't know what to ask for this year." He explained. Before any of us could say anything, there shouting in the living room from Beth and Mom. "Because they're family, Beth. And it's only for a few days." "Well, I'm not sharing my room with girls who pee standing up." I sighed, knowing my cousins might cause mischief when they come. I looked at Max with a relaxed grin. "I'm sure you'll find something." I reassured him, wiping his nose with a cloth. "I'll meet you both in the living room after I change." I winked, causing both to chuckle.

North Pole

Third P.O.V

In the North Pole, the dark elves cheered and laughed for the thrill of their hunt as they lodged their weapons and monstrous toy friends into the sleigh and strapped in the chains from the sleigh to the harnesses on the Yule Goats, who reared up in excitement for having an adventure.

The noise echoes all through the lair, all the way to Krampus' chambers. The Christmas Devil watched his bride through a snow globe he enchanted, wearing a cute red dress and fixing her hair by placing a hairpin that was a gift from him a couple of Christmas' back.

When he watches her twirl around the living room and hears her singing to grandmother and baby brother, made his once ice-cold, black heart rejoices to life

When he watches her twirl around the living room and hears her singing to grandmother and baby brother, made his once ice-cold, black heart rejoices to life. His heart craved to have her in his arms, to please her, and having her by his side. But in reality, he couldn't have her, which pained him. But that didn't stop him from placing protection spells and hexes on her to ware off anyone who dares take her.

He sighed in sadness and continued to watch to Eira's family coming into her house. His door opened by a dark elf with a mask of a horned demon sticking its tongue out, Stekkjarstaur his second in command.

 His door opened by a dark elf with a mask of a horned demon sticking its tongue out, Stekkjarstaur his second in command

The image in the snow globe faded away. He turned to the elf, showing no emotion of sadness. "Bericht. (Report.)" He demeaned. "Alles wird eingerichtet und abgerechnet. Jeder ist wild wie immer in diesem Jahr. Wir warten auf Ihren Befehl. (Everything is set up and accounted for. Everyone is wild as ever this year. We await your command.)" Stekkjarstaur spoke firmly in their language. Krampus smiled sinfully, know if he couldn't have his queen then his punishments would be a thousand times worse.