Trials of the Toys (Part 4)

Eira's P.O.V.

The sound of my cousins' screams, forced me out of my spell. Without thinking I ran through to stairs, not acknowledging anyone at this point. A firm hand grabbed my bare forearm before I could go any further.

"Eira you can't go up there!" My father instructed with one hand holding me and the other with Aunt Linda's shotgun. "BUT JORDAN AND STEVIE ARE UP THERE!" I could hear Stevie's screams and a thud. All of us went silent as wicked cackling began. Along with the voices in my mind. 'Hahahaha!! What score Der Klown!' 'Great job brother.' 'It's time for your punishment, Jordan.' "Jordan," I whispered, trying to break Dad's grip but he refused to grant my freedom.

"I need to get up there!" I pleaded, looking into his eyes. "Honey, we need you to stay here," Mom caressed my cheek while holding an ax. "For your safety." Dad nods in agreement then turns to Uncle Howard. "Howard stay here and keep Eira downstairs." Uncle Howard nodded and took my hand to drag me to the living room where I stood by Omi and Maxie. A couldn't help but wonder why the voices I heard sounded so familiar.

"Omi," Max whispered. "Hmm?" "I think all this might be my fault," Max confesses in guilt. "What do you mean?" I asked, crouched to his level. Maxie's lip trembles and his eyes start to water. "Before I went to my room, I listened to you screaming and yelling at everyone about the times when Christmas was like it used to be. You were so angry. And I heard you cry yourself to sleep. I just wanted everyone to be happy-" I embraced a hug as he sobbed. "Shh, you didn't mess up, this isn't your fault, ok?" I spoke to him as Omi rubbed his back.

All of a sudden, rustling came from the kitchen. Causing Baby Chrissy to whimper in fright, Auntie tries to calm her down but it seemed pointless. "Uncle Howard?" Max mumbled underneath my sweater, holding on to me for dear life. "Shh," He hushed us, he looked at Rosie. "Rosie. Come here, girl." Instead of obeying, she cowered by my feet. Poor baby. "Useless turd." He murmurs in disappointment, before turning to us. "Alright, stay here." Before limping towards the kitchen with his loaded shotgun aimed and the ready.

After a few minutes, fussing stirred in the attic and childish giggling came from the kitchen. I felt eyes watching me from somewhere in the room. I slowly scanned the area until my gaze landed on my necklace. The ruby started to glow as it did before, Maxie looked up from his hiding spot and saw in awe of the glowing jewel. Rosie growled somewhere near the vents. "Something not right," I muttered, placing my fingers on the stone.

I gasped as my vision went dark and then returned to another place. I was standing in the middle of some sort of meadow with little snowdrop flowers scattered all around and the tree stood firm but had either little dead leaves or bare.

 I was standing in the middle of some sort of meadow with little snowdrop flowers scattered all around and the tree stood firm but had either little dead leaves or bare

I looked down at myself seeing my torn pink sweater was replaced by a silky white dress with golden patterns along the ends of its long sleeves, waist belt, and skirt. The warm sun radiated the markings which matched my ruby necklace.