Chapter 12

The ball was all ready. Guests started coming in and everything seemed normal. No suspicious activity. Ben stands by the punch
bowl scanning the room for Mal and Harry. He knows once they walk in, he needs to act fast. All he sees are kings and queens, princes and princesses walking in. Evie walks up to him and stands next to him. "See them anywhere?" Evie asks. Ben shakes his head. "Nope." Evie sighs and gets a cup and scoops some punch for herself. She drinks it as she looks around. She sees Doug and tells Ben she's going to go see him. Ben nods and continues scanning the room. Pretty soon, everyone was there. He didn't see Mal or Harry and he started getting worried. What if they thought it'd be too risky and they don't come. Ben starts to panic until Evie runs to him and points to the door and he sees them. His blood started to boil seeing them together; Harry having his arm around her as if she's his. Ben clutched his glass rather tight almost making it break. Evie looks at him. "Hey relax before you go all beast on him. We need to stick to the plan." Ben nods and takes a deep breath. Evie looks at them. "We got to just get you and Mal to have a dance and make sure she looks into your eyes, she feels your love and when the moment is right, kiss her." "Hopefully it will be that easy." Ben sighs. Evie nods. "It will work." He nods.

An hour into the ball, everyone is mingling, dancing, eating. Ben is constantly watching Mal, but every time someone tries to talk to Mal, Harry pulls her away. Probably because people are asking her questions about the baby, becoming queen, the wedding. Harry doesn't want people to know that he spelled her. People have started going up to Ben, asking why he isn't with his fiancé. Ben just said they're doing their rounds, but in this case it's a lot of rounds. Finally, a slow song comes on and all couples go to the dance floor. Ben goes up to Mal not wasting his shot. He goes up to them and bows. "King Ben..., may I have this dance?" Mal looks at him and then Harry. "I don't think that'd be a good idea..." Everyone is staring and Harry sighs, "Fine...one dance, but then you're mine." He kisses her neck making her giggle and makes Ben get more angry.

He holds out his hand which Mal takes and they smile starting to dance. Mal feels some deja vu and looks at Ben. "Have we...done this this before?" Ben smiles. "Perhaps." Mal looks confused. "We..have?" Ben nods. He twirls her making her smile. Oh how Ben missed seeing that. He looks into her eyes. "Mal...I know this might be hard to believe...but...I love you." Mal
looks at him. "I'm sorry...you're very sweet...but I love Harry." Ben shakes his head. "Trust me." He leans in and kisses her. Mal freezes in shock, but then her eyes go wide and all her memories come back. (Cue cute memory montage)

She kisses back and they kiss for a few seconds before lifting up. Ben looks at her. Mal gasps and looks at them and smiles. "Ben!" He smiles big and kisses her again and they share a nice long sweet kiss. "I love you! Oh how would I ever forget that!" Ben chuckles and leans his forehead on hers holding her cheeks as Mal
puts her hands on his. "Harry put a spell on you...making you forget all of us...and making you think you loved him." Mal sighs. "He's always up to something! I got to go give him a piece of my mind." Ben chuckles. "God I missed you." She smiles. "I'll always love you. Even if some dumb spell makes me forget. And now this is the second time that proves we are true love." Ben smiles nodding. They finish their dance. Mal then goes over to Harry with Ben. Harry sees her and smiles. "Finally! It's my turn." He goes to take her hand but she slaps him across the face. "How dare you make me forget! You are a sick man Harry Hook." Harry holds his face and looks at Ben and sighs. "This ball was a set up!" Ben nods crossing his arms. "I want you gone Hook." He sighs angrily and walks out of the ball room. Mal smiles. "Now that we got through with that issue...how about another dance?" Ben smiles nodding. "I'd have a hundred dances with you if I could." Mal smiles and takes him back to the dance floor and they dance the night away.

After the ball ended, they said their goodbyes to everyone and the staff cleaned up. Belle and Adam were so happy to have Mal back. Evie, Jay and Carlos were especially happy and they had a group hug. Evie smiles giving her an extra tight hug. "Good to have you back." Evie whispers. Mal smiles. "M and E forever right?" Evie nods smiling. Later that night, Mal and Ben go to their bedroom. They get into their pajamas and cuddle. "I'm so happy to have you back." He smiles kissing her head. Mal smiles. "It's good to be back in your arms." He smiles and they cuddle and soon fall asleep safe in each other's arms.
_______________________________
hey guys! hope you loved this! thank you all SO much for all the support of this book! it means so much to me!!❤️