Oh Deer

A/N: An AU where Kunti reveals to the brothers that Karna was their brother and well... a bonding trip that goes horribly wrong and Karna is stuck with some mischievous brothers. Aka, the one where the brothers visit back to the forest.

"Yudhisthira, where are we headed?" Karna asked looking around the place with suspicious eyes. "We are hunting brother" Yudhisthira said innocently as the 6 horses trotted forward. It was a pleasant day and since they were all bored that day and surprisingly had nothing to do for a few days, they'd decided to take a few days off and roam around the countryside... or so they said.

"Is that normal?" Karna asked, eyeing Arjuna, who was sleeping on the back of his horse, as usual. "Oh brother, you have to get used to it. That's not the oddest place he's slept in. Remember the time when he fell asleep on the roof of the ashram? Gave the rishis assembled there a fit when they went out for their morning rituals" Sahadeva said with a laugh.

"Or the time when he fell asleep, standing when we were at the gurukul, his bow in his hand. Guru had a fit at that." Bhima added in. "You remember the time when he fell asleep on the cliff with me at his side? Dad really was debating whether he was to be mad at brother or shocked" Nakula pitched in.

"To be fair Nakula, it was a quite bizzaire and dangerous scene for anyone to chance upon, especially for father. I mean, my legs were hanging off the cliff while you were crawling all over me, not caring that we were near the edge after all" Arjuna explained as he sat up while Karna just narrowed his eyes and left it at that.

"By the way, I heard something to the left of us. It can be a game" he said, pointedly looking at Bhima, who got the point. "Let's chase it then! What are we waiting for?" he asked and they sped up their horses, chasing their game.

After spending quite a while futilely chasing whatever animal that was, they halted near a river, giving some time for the horses to rejuvenate while they rested.

"This place doesn't seem right to me. It is best if we leave soon" Karna said as he got up but the other brothers just smiled and laid back. "Come on brother. If anything is out there to harm us, we can surely take care of it. All of us are tired right now so rest" Nakula said and Karna rolled his eyes but complied, trying to ignore the nagging feeling.

They were all seated peacefully, talking in hushed tones when two people rushed and prostrated before Bhima, muttering some gibberish and Karna drew his bow, only to be held back by his younger brothers. "It might be someone trying to play a prank brother. Bhima can handle it" Yudhisthira pacified and the two people rose up.

"King Vrikodhara! WE never expected you to arrive this soon! The queen and your son are waiting for you" they announced joyously and Karna just blinked and glanced at the four brothers, who were trying to hide their laughters at the expression on Karna's face. "Anyone want to say why two... Rakshasas are currently bowing to Bhima and calling him their king?"

"Didn't we mention this incident to our brother?" Sahadeva asked innocently and Yudhisthira shook his head. "No we didn't" "It must've slipped our mind then. You see, when we were hiding from you all after the Varanavrat incident... we chanced upon this place and brother Bhima had to kill their king Hidimb due to some... issues" Nakula said.

"And as per their tradition, the one who kills the king becomes the next king. Which means that brother Bhima became the next king. It is also their tradition that the person who becomes the king will have to marry the sister/wife of the former king... and therefore, brother Bhima married Hidimbaa, the sister of Hidimb" Arjuna elaborated.

"And the son?" "Oh that brother? My dear wife wanted to have a son so that there will be someone to name heir when we had to leave the forest for she knew that I wouldn't be able to stay here forever" Bhima said with a wistful smile, knowing the hardships she was willing to take up with that decision.

"Want to meet your nephew any time soon brother?" he asked mischievously as he gleefully took in the look of surprise and shock that adorned his face. And all Karna could think was 'If this is how his brothers are going to be... he really was in for a ride in the future.'

A/N: I know, this does sound a bit silly and such but I couldn't get it out of my head so... I hope you like it! All comments and criticisms accepted and appreciated! Prompts are welcome!

Thank you all for reading!!!!!!!!!!

Rasnak signing off :) ;)

UPDATED ON 5 AUGUST 2020