Unlikely trio II

A/N: So... after a long time, after many requests, I finally came about to write this prompt. I really was trying to dig my brain for a decent plot and I think I found it?

Summary: The 2 times only two of the trio meet each other and the 1 time all three meet.

Karna and Ekalavya:

*Takes place post Varanavrat*

Karna had been out hunting when he'd chanced upon the man. It had been years since they'd met at this point and it was really a call back to see where they've come at this point.

"Soo..." Karna asked as he went forward to hug Ekalavya. "What are you up to these days?"

"You know, hunting, taking care of the tribe, whatever is expected of me" he said with a shrug as he gave Karna a once over.

"Look at you though, all regal and important... must've been some change, going from a charioteer's son to a king, who is the friend of the Crown Prince of Hastinapura."

"That title is as much a curse as it sounds important" Karna said in distaste . "You still doing archery?"

"What else did you expect me to do? Fight with swords? Me? Come on!" he said, rolling his eyes as he held out the bow.

"You can shoot with that?"

"With both hands."

"Prove it."

Ekalavya nocked his arrow and aimed it for Karna, confident that the man would catch it mid air, only for his mouth to drop open in horror as the man just stood there, examining his nails, not caring that an arrow was heading towards him.

Just when he was about to run in front and try to catch the arrow himself, even though it was an impossible task, the armour started to grow and block the arrow, stopping him in his tracks.

"What in the world was that???"

"My kavach. I thought it was obvious."

"But growing like that?"

"It's been there since birth, even I don't know the full details about that. Mother always said that I was born with the kavach and kundal. Don't ask, really."

 "Alright. I believe we have an archery competition on check. Want to call it on?"

"You're on."

Arjuna and Ekalavya:

*Takes place during Arjuna's exile*

"DId you know Karna had an armour?"

"Yes."

"Are you really on exile?"

"Yes."

"But why?"

"I broke some rules."

"You broke rules all the time!"

"I shouldn't have broken this one. Privacy matters."

"Was it circumstantial?"

"Kind of?"

"Then this is unfair on you!"

"Privacy breach is a privacy breach. No excuses."

"But still, 12 years is not a fair sentence if it was just an accident!" Ekalavya said as he let out another arrow, this time it sliced through two trees before getting stuck on the third one, sticking out half way.

"Don't worry, this too shall pass. Plus this is not about us. This is about Panchali, who married 5 men even though it is a stigma on her. If I disrespect her and her rules... it will reflect bad on her and her sacrifice. It is just 12 years..."

"Yeah right, 12 years. You and your 12 years drama. At least stay over for a few days? I think I need the company. No one wanted to accompany me on this hunt."

"Sure. Let's go."

+1

*Takes place during Vanvas*

"You know what, I should kill you for what you said to Panchali that day" Arjuna shouted as he pointed his dagger at Karna.

"My hands were tied! It's not like you took any step to protect your wife either."

"I- you- you're impossible! Here we are, meeting after a long time and the first thing you do is to argue?"

"You shut up!" they say in sync, still glaring at each other.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll just shut up. It's wrong to ask for some peaceful reunions since all 3 of us are in the same place after a long time" Ekalavya grumbled. "At least settle for a truce for now?"

The two of them stared at each other in mistrust before finally giving up.

"Alright, truce. But only for now. This is not yet over" Arjuna said with a glare.

"Just for your sake. Otherwise I shouldn't forgive him for what he had done."

"Both of you... You know what? Let's make it an archery competition, take out all your frustrations there and then settle down to talk to me. Until then, don't try" Ekalavya said and stormed off.

"Umm... Ok, just for his sake. We won't talk about any of this today and today alone. Deal?"

"Deal."

The archery contest took place anyway.

A/N: Dammit. This OS sounded better in my head :/ But what is done is done I guess. Hope you all like it! All comments and criticisms accepted and appreciated! Prompts are welcome!

Me just realising that it's nearly a year since I posted this first in two days... Happy 1 year anniversary for this fic!

Thank you all for reading!!!!!!!!!!!

Rasnak signing off :) ;)

UPDATED ON 14 JULY 2021