{Prolouge}

_____

_____

"So If You loved me/ Why'd you leave me
Take my Body/ Take my Body"
- All I Want (Kodaline)

_____

HOW SHE STARTED

    14 YEARS AGO, on The night she was born, a massive thunderstorm broke out over New York City. A storm that no weather man had predicted and it took the whole city by surprise.

    It was big and strong enough that people were warned to stay indoors for their safety. Half of the city had lost power, transportation across the region was shut down, trees were getting knocked over by strong winds, and terrifying lightning strikes caused power lines to be knocked down, and people to get hurt.

    No human knew what had caused this storm. However, The Gods knew very well why Zeus had been in such a rage. They all knew none of them would be able to calm him down either.

    For right in the middle of the storm, a baby was being born.

    A baby sired by Zeus' brother.

    A baby that he felt had no place coming into the world, and like a child throwing a tantrum, the ruling God was going to let everyone know.

_____

    A big flash of lightning cracked right outside the hospital, followed by a thunder roar that could be heard deep into the hospital. This caused all the medical professionals attending Mrs. Havard's birth to flinch ever so slightly. Most of them never hearing a crack of thunder so monstrous before. But their attention only wavered for a second before the staff put their attention back on the woman at hand.

    "Come on, Noelle! One more big push!" The OBGYN encouraged with a sad smile on her face. She knew fully well what was likely to happen once the child was out of the young woman.

Noelle knew, too. As she got closer and closer to the end of the birth, she could feel the life slipping away from her, she was internally struggling and clawing to keep herself in the moment but she knew it wouldn't last much longer. The young woman couldn't help but let out a slight chuckle through her tear-stained cheeks at the irony of the situation. It was almost like trading lives. But as long as her daughter was healthy and lived a full life, Noelle was more than happy to make the trade.

    "I-I-I want to name her Arya...an-and I pray to any God listening that she lives an incredible life." Noelle Havard managed to get out between breaths, mentally preparing for her final push.

    The doctors held hope that the kind, young woman in front of them would survive, but Noelle knew she wouldn't. So, while everyone in the room told her not to give up yet, she would smile back at them and remind herself she would keep fighting for as long as she could.