Trapped for the night

Promt:
"Can we just... Get along?"
Silence.
Look, we're kind of stuck together here, so we might as well make the best of it. Besides I hate fighting with someone who's supposed to be on the same side as me."
Silence "or you could just not talk to me... that will work."
---

Nick's pov

Hour 1 8 o clock
I grab some nails and start to head out, but a hand grabs my arm, "what do you need those for?" Troy asks.

"I'm fixing the burnt house," I say matter of factly, he gives me a questioning look, "your father allowed me to live there." I start to get annoyed, its late and I'm about 90% sure they lock it up for the night.

"Oh-"

But he gets cut off by a clicking noise, he let's go of me and I run to the doors, the now closed doors.
"Shit." I turn around, "is this one of your experiments? See how look it takes for me to crack? You're not a scientist Troy!"

He just gives me a confused used look, "no."

Hour 2 9 o'clock

I tried everything to open it while he just leans back against a wall occasionally writing something down in his journal. I pick up a few bullets and a gun, Troy gets up and grabs the gun, "don't even try it, it's not going to work, these are bullet proof and we can't waste bullets. Besides they're going to open it tomorrow, so just get some rest, we'll be fine."

"One of us will be, for sure." I mutter, not intending for him to hear it but it seems he had super hearing because he says, "can we.... just get along?"
I stay quiet.
"Look we're kind of stuck here... together, we might as well make the best of it. Besides I hate fighting with someone who's supposed to be on the same side as me."
I snort, But you're fine with killing them, huh?
"Or you could just not talk to me, that will work," Troy says.

I raise the gun to his head, he looks at it then to my face. "If you're going to kill me, Nicky, that is fine with me," Troy smiles, I look down and shake my head no.

Hour 5 1 o'clock

Neither of was had slept, I don't think Troy had even blinked. But it's hard to tell since in the candle light.
"You know, I'd never thought a poet like you would be scared of the dark," Troy says.

I shoot him a glare from the stares, "I'm not scared, just don't want you to kill me."

He looked genuinely shocked, "and here I'd thought you wanted to die. What happened?" "No I just want to choose when to die."

"Well don't go kamikaze on me tonight, don't want everyone to blame it on me!" He chuckles.

That gives me an idea.

"You don't want to be blamed?" I ask, "well
, yeah imagine how pissed Madison would be, but you aren't planing on it...why are you getting up?" His smile drops as I start walking towards the guns.

"Stop."

I don't.

"Hey, Nicky!"

I ignore him

"Stop!"

He tackles me onto the floor, I try to get him off of me but he's to strong. "Get off of me." I groan, "not until you tell me your not going to kill yourself."

"Why would you even care, it's not like Madison could do anything, well besides killing you. And is thought you'd wanted to die?" I ask him.

"Not by her." He pulls me up and drags me back to where we were and sits on me.
"Get off! Troy get off!" I shout, hoping someone might hear. "No, you're gonna go kamikaze and I'm not gonna let you do that. I swore to protect you and your family."

I huff.

Hour 8 4:25 am

I yawn, "you still awake?"

"Of course, Nicky."

My legs have gone numb I couple hours ago and I really need to stretch but where Troy's sitting it will get really awkward.

Hour 10 6 o'clock

I'm extremely tired, I haven't stayed up this long in a few months. My body hurts, and I hear the door click and light floods the dark room called the cabinet, "so that's where you guys were." Jake says.

Troy gets off of me, "what were you doing?" Troy's brother asks. "Keeping him from killing himself."