~Shattered-Adam Sackler~

"Good morning, kid."

You shift in your bed, sighing in content as you curl up and pull the heavy blanket further up. The mattress dips as the source of heat laying beside you scoots a little closer. A soft smile tugs at the corners of your lips when you feel your boyfriend's touch. He wraps a strong arm around your waist, pulling your back against his bare chest. Adam leans in, his lips grazing the lobe of your ear. You giggle and roll over to face him, staring lovingly up into his honey-brown eyes.

"Sleep okay?" You murmur, reaching out to run your fingers through his dark hair.

Adam nods, smirking as you trail your fingers down his broad chest. He watches your hands glide over his skin, gently touching every beauty mark and freckle. "I had fun last night."

You chuckle, propping your head up. "I should hope so."

Adam leans in and presses his lips against yours. You fall back into your pillow as he braces his elbows over you, hurriedly trying to deepen the kiss. He grips your jaw and pulls away for a moment to tease, "fucking morning breath."

"Dickhead." You laugh, lightly slapping his arm.

With a mischievous glimmer in his eyes, he climbs on top of you and reconnects your lips. "Up for round two?"

You run your fingers through his hair, pulling him down further. Just as Adam reaches down to the waistband of your panties, you grab onto his wrist and stop him.

"I have work soon. The alarm clock should ring any minute now. I need to get ready." You brace your palms against his chest.

Ever since you had moved to New York City, you had been lucky enough to start the career of your dreams. You worked for a high fashion magazine. You weren't a designer just yet but you helped to arrange runways and intern for other designers. Now that it was February, New York Fashion Week was swiftly approaching. September had been a hassle for you but your dedication during that time helped you get promoted. You couldn't afford to be late or make any mistakes now. Your boss was strict and you wanted to prove to her that you could handle an ever higher position.

Adam's smile falters. "Work? I thought you weren't working until tomorrow."

You furrow your brow. "I told you last night."

"Shit," he murmurs. Adam glances up at the clock and immediately scrambles off of you. "Fuck, I'm sorry. I didn't set the alarm."

Everything comes to a screeching halt. You quickly sit up, eyes widening. "Adam! What time is it?"

Adam shifts. "Half past eight."

"Eight?" You exclaim in horror, throwing the blanket aside. "I was supposed to be at work by half past seven."

"I'm sorry-" he slowly tags behind you as you rush to get up. "-baby-"

You whirl around, clutching the door frame. "We'll talk about this later. Can you make me a bagel or something? I'll eat it in the cab."

Adam nods stiffly. He knew how badly he had messed up this time. As he treks into the kitchen to make you at least some form of breakfast, he hears you practically flying around the apartment, trying to get everything together in time. Adam winces when he hears the bathroom drawers getting slammed. You weren't usually too upset with anything until it came down to your work. He knew how important your work was to you and how dedicated you were to getting that second promotion. If you could do that, you would be set for a long time. That promotion didn't just secure your future; it also gave you and Adam a future. And that future was an extremely touchy subject.