Chapter - 8: Forced Acceptance

"Swara please say something. My knees are hurting"

Sahil's request broke Swara's reverie, she closed her eyes and rubbed her forehead to calm herself from not bursting on him.

"Sahil, please get on your feet"

'I hope it is yes from her' he crossed his fingers in anticipation.

"Swara what happened?"

"Sahil, I thought we are friends, but you take it to another level. I was not expecting this from you" Swara replied with firm yet soft tone.

"I understand we are friends, but I fell for you. What is my mistake in it that you are so beautiful? I can't control my heart which was smitten with your one look."

"Sahil, I don't believe in love and marriages."

"But I believe. Trust me Swara, we will have successful marriage. You and I know each other enough to spend entire life together. This is not a mere attraction, my heart truly longed for you, from day one I insisted on our meetings so that we both can know each other."

"I don't think so Sahil, there is lot more in my life which is hidden from all" She turned to leave from there, but she felt pull on her wrist.

"I know why you don't believe in love and marriage, but it is your past, and you can trust me. I will not let your past distance you away from me. Please, I am ready to give you whatever time you will need. We will remain friends. I will give you time to fall for me." He hissed with pounding heart; his red eyes were showing his sufferings, his heartbreak and frustration.

"I am sorry Sahil but you need to accept this" she released his hold and left from there wiping her tears.

Infuriated Sahil kicked the table forcefully, which tumble down all the flower decorations and candles.

'No Swara, this is not an end. I will make you mine by hook or by crook' he clenched his fist to control his anger.

Breaking sound of table could not stop Swara, as she was already engrossed in her thoughts.

'Love is the most painful emotion of this world; it is the first step of self-destruction. I had seen the worst marriage, heart break of my father. I have seen his downfall, breaking him in pieces, dying him every moment for his love. I cannot allow anyone to do the same with me. I will not let anyone come close to my heart. I will not let anybody to take advantage of my weakness. Nobody can become my weakness'

Next day early morning Ragini typed message on her phone 'I am ready for this marriage'.

Sanskar was in lawn, he looked for Ragini's reply and devil smirk appeared on his face for moment.

Ragini was waiting for his reply from the moment she sent him message, it was afternoon and still he did not reply back. 'Did he change his mind? No No No... please no Sanskar.'

She opened his number from contact list, but she did not gather courage to hit the call button 'What if he gets annoyed? I should wait for his response. I cannot afford to make him angry.'

Ragini released her breath at evening when her mobile beeped with notification from Sanskar. With shivering hands, she opened the notification and gasped heavily.

'Ok, I will talk to Mom' text from him fluttered her heart with jet speed.

"Mrs. Sanskar Maheshwari" Ragini called herself looking at her reflection from the mirror.

"Ohh god Sanskar do you know how much I have waited for this day?" Ragini said with teary eyes looking and caressing Sanskar's pic from her mobile picture gallery.