Chapter - 24 : Untold Feelings

It was two days of Sanskar's return from his business trip, but they both maintained distance from each other. Sanskar was busy with other projects and deals where as Swara was drowned in guilt, she was keeping herself away from him as she could not match her eyes with his. She was still fighting a battle between her mind and heart, 'Why he did not blame me? Why he did not say a single word to me? Why he defended me?' these thoughts were not letting her to be at peace.

In morning, as usual when Swara woke up Sanskar was missing from their room. Swara was frustrated over his workaholic nature but more than that she hated to admit that she wanted his attention. Whereas Sanskar wanted to give her some time, he had observed her over last couple of days.

Sanskar finished his gardening hour and was proceeding towards stairs for his room typing something on his mobile when he heard his wife's name in Sahil's voice, he raised his head to look for his wife walking along with his cousin towards dining area.

"Swara do you think with these things you will be able to break him?" Sanksar heard his cousin advising his wife in most convincing tone. "What do you think with these stunts like changing percentage of resource allocation for both projects you will bring him on his knees. Ohh! come on Swara don't look at me like this."

Swara was fuming in anger as Sahil was trying to interfere in her personal space, she was going towards kitchen when Sahil cut her way as usual. She was frustrated over his constant bickering but right now her mind was occupied with Sanskar's thoughts who was not ready to accept defeat.

Swara was hopping Sanskar to get impacted with her actions and he would be suffering loss tormenting his image in business world. But she forgot that she was dealing with the shrewdest businessman, he turned the tables in his favour skillfully.

Swara resented to accept that she felt relief in her heart when he was out of that unforeseen situation. Unknowingly, her heart swelled with happiness and pride when she heard praise from her father in law for her husband over last night's dinner which Sanskar missed due to his late-night meetings.

She crossed her hands around her chest raised her eyebrows and asked with rigidity, "What do you want me to do now then?"

"Come on Swara, he is not the one, who would break with these silly tricks. He had dealt with more serious issues in the past. You still don't know the real Sanskar Maheshwari, for him dealing with these problems is like a peanut task." Sahil was trying his best to manipulate his pawn against his archrival in his game of betrayal.

'I cannot let her be weak in front of him. Only she can break him emotionally' Sahil was confident on his tactics.

Swara was lost in her own thoughts about Sanskar and the way he handled everything over last two weeks, she was impressed with tactics and strategies but at the same time she was agitated over him for his workaholic nature. She needed to decide her further plan of actions to break him for which her heart was in denial mode.

She did not realise when Sahil held her hand and caressed the knuckles, "But I will not let him ruin our life. We both will fight in this battle together; I am with you on your every step as usual as your friend, as your well-wisher. You still have the same place in my life and heart." Sahil suggested emotionally shedding fake tears.

'Please Swara, you can break me anyhow you want but not this. Just for breaking me, bringing me on my knees don't ruin yourself with a man like Sahil.' Sanskar gulped hearing the planning and plotting his wife was doing with his cousin. He left from there taking long strides with heavy heart.

"Dare you Mr. Sahil Sengupta. I don't need your advice. I know my ways." Swara jerked her hand from his grip and retorted back fiercely. She left from there leaving Sahil to smirk on his triumph.