Part 4 ~ "You lying cocksucker!"

Adam slammed the brake pedal down and stared mercilessly at the looming building. He could feel the tears swelling in his eyes. He couldn't believe what he was seeing, Lawrence's car parked next to the building where the most tragic moment of their life happened? What could he be doing? On impulse, Adam stormed out of the car leaving the door wide open and glared into the window of Larry's car. It was empty. The same four words looped round and round in his head, "This can't be happening". But in actual fact, it was.

Cautiously, Adam pushed the door open but the hinge was loose and it swung open, hitting the wall on the other side. He inhaled anxiously before stepping inside. He had never seen this part of the building before but instantly he recognised the dark grey sliding door which would lead him into the place where it all happened. Suddenly, footsteps could be heard and Adam turned his head to where they were coming from. Out of the darkness, his lover appeared. "I didn't expect to see you here" Lawrence said, quietly.
"What are you doing here? You told me you had to go to work" Adam cried out.
"Listen, this might come as a shock to you but, well, I work here now. I resigned from my job as an oncologist and ever since the bathroom I've been uh- helping John with his other test subjects" Lawrence replied, somewhat comfortingly.
"I don't believe this, you lying cocksucker!" Adam yelled, before making his departure and leaving Lawrence alone, with a look of desperation on his face.