Part 6 ~ "I'm sorry"

Around 11pm that night, they both returned home. Neither of them spoke the length of the car journey and as soon as they set foot in the house, the silence overwhelmed them. They knew someone should say something sooner or later but neither of them wanted it to be them. Eventually Lawrence spoke up, "Don't imagine that was the type of day you were expecting, huh?"
Adam looked at him with a blank expression before replying, "No I-I guess not"
"It's okay, you know. You don't have to do this. Help me and John I mean" said Lawrence, helping Adam with his jacket.
"I want to be with you, Larry. And if that means I have to be a part of the Jigsaw murders then so be it" Adam for whatever reason couldn't look Lawrence in the eye as he spoke these words.

They both headed upstairs and Lawrence carefully sat down on the bed. He looked down at his prosthetic foot and winced in pain. Adam was watching him from the corner of the room. He approached Larry and sat beside him, his hand resting on his shoulder.
"I'm sorry you have to see me like this. I shouldn't have done what I did but, well, we both wouldn't be here if I didn't, so I guess I owe that moment some debt" Lawrence whispered softly, almost crying.
Adam had never seen him like that before and something about this side of Lawrence made him feel warm inside, like he really did have emotion. Tender moments never seem to last long for them both, because sure enough, as soon as Lawrence had stopped wallowing in the past, his phone rang, again. Adam didn't say anything this time, he picked up Larry's mobile and read the caller ID, expecting it to read "John Kramer" or "Work". But no, it read "Carla Song".