Part 8 ~ "Happy Valentine's Day, darling!"

After witnessing that, Adam didn't know what to do, where to look, what to think. He just sat there in the small, leather barstool and watched Lawrence sit down, smiling beside his "ex fling". He didn't know what, but something seemed to overwhelm him, like some kind of force that insisted he follow out with what his impulsive side wanted him to do. He slammed his laptop lid down and stormed over to the table where his so called "lover" was sitting beside his (once upon a time) student.
"A-Adam!" Lawrence burst out, the corners of his mouth seeping into a small smile.
"Larry, what's going on? I'm so fed up of you always leaving for work or some shit like that but, really? Again? I thought you would have learnt your lesson after Alison, I mean, poor Diana, poor Ali, poor me"
"Adam, it's nothing personal. It's just that Dr. Gordon and I, we seem to have an everlasting fire that will never go out" Carla turned her head as she said this, and gushed over Lawrence who couldn't bring himself to look at her, or Adam.

Lawrence watched his hand as he traced it down the lines where the wallpaper had been stuck together. The bed felt big, and cold without Adam next to him. He turned over and pulled Adam's pillow to his chest, his scent hit him which made the guilt feel worse. Before he could think about anything else, his eyes slowly closed and he became dead to the world. What he didn't know was that he wasn't alone in the house, and downstairs sat Adam. Cupped in his hand was a mug with the words "Happy Valentine's Day, darling!" engraved onto it - obviously a present from Lawrence given to him, before he messed up, again. Adam didn't even notice his ironic selection of mug and devoured three mugs of some sort of wine before heading upstairs to carry out his next task.