💚Chapter 8💚

The 2 boys nervously waited for the arrival of the knight bus. The charm of the potion they took earlier slowly fading away, revealing themselves. They looked around, paranoid that the old coot may be watching them. They lived like that for years before, paranoia was a part of their life.

Yep.... They definitely needed therapy. But it's not like they can get it either. "Hey so I'm a time traveler and was hunted by Dumbledore, who is bad by the way - shocking, I know - and the Weasleys were bad too and now I suffer."
That's a one way ticket to St Mungos.

The screeching sound of the bus neared as it came closer. Hiding Sal inside Harry's robes again and putting on glamours to look like their 20years old self with a few details changed, they boarded the bus once it came to a halt. Shunpipe was there, greeting them in his own way. Upon inquiry of their destination, they replied Muggle London, near the Hummingbird Cafe. And then they took off.

Upon arrival, and after the speedy departure of the knight bus, the two entered with their glamors still on. They rather look different than have attracted attention by their young age and their maturity. They waited nervously until they sensed the core of the 2 witches they wanted to meet. They raised their hands and called them over, increasing the curiosity withing the two guests.

"Are you... Really... Mister Potter and Mister Malfoy?" the two nodded at Bones' question and, without further adieu, showed them their memories.

Both grew quiet, but their eyes showed their true emotions; pity, sadness, worry, hatred.

And both had an inkling of an idea why they were called. Well, there were many possibilities, but they knew that.

"What would you like us to do?" Rita asked in a professional manner. Potter was glad for this change. He honestly hated her on Hogwarts, but she changed before she died, the same manner as she now portrays - a serious journalist with the intent to showcase the truth. Quite contrary to the garble she posted now.

"We want to free Sirius and place blame on the Ministry, and Dumbledore as he was there when they discussed what to do with Sirius. He knew him personally, yet never did anything. We don't want to blame Wormtail directly, and honestly we prefer to keep him out of jail, but there's only so much we can do."
"Don't worry-" Amelia smiled evilly, an unusual emotion on her usual calm personality, "-we'll handle the rest."

*********

The group couldn't wait for the review the next day. Everyone sat in their respective seats, waiting for the newspaper to arrive.

And then it did.

Owls showered The Daily Prophet across the Great Hall, unknowingly bringing up what would be a great storm. The whispers of the stories withing those pages and the shuffling of said pages across the hall incited murmurs and excitement for those reading, and curiousity for those preferring to eat first.

Harry picked up his copy and read.

-

----------------------------------------------------------

The Daily Prophet

THE CORRUPTION: MYTH OR REAL?!

Written by Rita Skeeter

Dear Readers, as all of you know, my pursuit into this fascinating career had never been about Politics or the Ministry, mostly due to them owning my company. So I write this with the knowledge of me being fired. I write this with a great deal at stake. But I write this for the truth. Should I loose my career over spreading this? So be it. I'll create my own then. So please read on, knowing that what you are about to read is the truth of our society and the horrors that have been inflicted.

I had been called to a meeting a while ago by a person who wished to remain anonymous. Yet, I was not alone, for they had called my partner in writing; Amelia Bones. It had been a matter of urgency, and my tingling curiosity won over as I wrote back confirming my arrival.

Upon this meet up, I had learnt many strange things - and things I researched later - about the problem within the ministry. I had learned of the false accusations befalling certain people who didn't even bare the grim mark of Voldemort. Yes readers, Voldemort, for he has a name, and if we fear the name then we continue spreading fear.

One such example was of Sirius Black.

Sirius Black, abandoned by his parents for choosing the side of the light, the man who fought against the Dark nature of his family. He was declared a Death Eaters. Yet he bore no mark.

He had no mark, his memory was not checked, he was not even given a fair trial with Veritaserum. Because of the family name he had, the very own he fought against for his own freedom of choice, he had no trial.

He was wrongfully blamed for murders he would never commit. The murder of his own brother by all but blood, the same brother who pronounced him as the godfather of Harry James Potter.

Speaking of, due to his unfair arrest, Harry James Potter was left on the port of his mother's Muggle sister. Normally, that would be fine, right?

It was not.

Through some of my own digging up (including checking memories), I had found shocking news; he was being abused by the sister's husband. She tried to pry him away, but there was a clear difference in strength. The man influenced his son to act the same way. Harry Potter was forced into servitude.

Their injustice caused a great deal of pain, not only to Sirius Black himself, but to his friends and to Harry Potter himself. Who was amongst these people to have done so? Here are few that I have found:

Cornelius Fudge
(etc etc etc)
And, surprise, Albus Dumbledore.

Albus Dumbledore, the very man who had seen the kindness within Sirius Black, had chosen to hot give his very own student a chance to prove himself.

These actions that were taken, were they a mistake, or on purpose? After all, if the chosen one had come to the magical world with no knowledge and as a scared child, wouldn't he naturally latch on to the first person to show him that? It would be easier to manipulate a broken child.

That were thought disgusts me.

Yet, sources tell me that the chosen one is not broken. That he fights on. That he never gave in. And for that, I applaud you.

It is with a heavy heart that I leave The Daily Prophet for good due to this article. But, if you care about the truth, then I will risk everything to show it to you. I want to be the voice for those who need it. Stop this circle of madness.

Signed,
Rita Skeeter
A woman with more confidence than ever, and with a new-found thirst for the truth.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Harry Potter inwardly smirked, this was more than he was hoping for.

I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT POSTING FOR SO LONG!!!!
I am not sure how I want this book to go, so I'll take time, but not as long as I did. Please bear with me, I have a lot going on.
I literally had a breakdown yesterday and I had no idea why 😅
I am so sorry for this delay!!!
Ja nee~