💚Chapter 9💚

I do not own Harry Potter!

The article had, as expected by the gang, caused a ruckus so loud amongst the Wizarding London that every adult and child yet to be in school protested against the imprisonment of Sirius Black. The Ministry had no choice but to immediately announce the trial of Sirius Black, scheduled in 2 days.

Rita Skeeter was forced out, but she walked out proudly and got enough funding from all her new-loyal fans, who crave for the truth as much as she did, to immediately start her own business. Skeeter Daily was the name plan.

Through all this ruckus, no one thought about who the real culprit was. But, knowing Dumbledore, he'd definitely through Peter under the bus.

The next stage of the plan was crucial.

Harry, after the announcement, was given condolences from many students and teachers. They looked at him with pity in their eyes, along with awe for how long he had survived. He spent the day with friends who refused to leave his side.

****

It was night time, and in this time 3 sets of events happen. 3 stories in one night. Fascinating.

The first event occurred in the halls of Hogwarts. Harry and Draco had been looking at a particular dot on the Marauders Map and, as they predicted, the dot was moving towards one of the passages leading outside Hogwarts. Before the dot could leave, they magicked a barricade, capturing the rat-man.
"Hello Peter" Harry said cheerily, confusing rat-man.
With a swish of his hand, Draco forced Peter out of his animagus form. Peter began backing up.
"We need your help." Harry said, pleadingly. This caught Peter's attention.
Harry stepped in front, entering the barrier, and held out his hand. Immediately, when Peter held it, he felt the surge of memories.

Peter began to cry. He realised what had happened. The freedom he thought he had was an illusion. The thoughts he had were implanted. He was but a mere pawn tossed from master to master. What did he actually think? What was he actually like?

The gut-wrenching wails caused both Draco and Harry to cry, they knew how he felt.

What felt like an eternity, Peter calmed down. Through his silent sobs and sniffles, he asked them, "what would you like me to do?"
"Take the trial and be imprisoned. That very night, I will come get you and Bellatrix. I'll place a dead body instead. When that happens, Bones will force a blood test, and the potions Dumbledore used on you and Bellatrix will be revealed."
Peter nodded and transformed back into a rat, going to Harry. "I'm sorry" Harry said, the rat only shook his head, saying he had nothing to be sorry about.

The event that transpired was observed by a bat that paused on his way back home after hearing such a sad wail. The bat, now sure that everything was fine, made his way back to his master. Flying through the secret passage that only he knew of, he made his way back to the dungeon, where he heard another voice apart from his master's. Probably the voice of the person he sent the not to last night. Ignoring the second event, the bat went to where his food was usually kept.

Snape made sure McGonigall had enough calming potion from her tea before beginning his tale and the events that transpired. She listened calmly and carefully, till he was done. She took a deep breath and then began to scream, "ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR DAMN MIND?!??"

......looks like she didn't have enough calming potion.....

"Then look into my memories. You know how to do it. Go ahead."
Contemplating whether to do so or immediately call St Mungos, she sighed as she looked through his memories. After, she couldn't believe that everything he said..... was true?!?

Of course Potter would make things complicating. Of fucking course. When has a Potter ever made her life easy??

The knowledge of Sirius's innocence (one she believed in since the beginning and tried to let Dumbledore see reason) along with Potter's abusive parents, the innocence of Voldemort (Merlin why must you test me such?) AND time travelling ?!

McGonigall didn't need tea. She needed Fire Whiskey.

"What's the plan?" She asked.
"For now, support them. We'll see where this goes."
"And Voldemort?"
That was met with silence, neither knowing what to do.

Speaking of Voldemort, he, in Quirrel's body, was in the library. He had always loved reading, gaining knowledge he never had, and so his frequent visits to the library was one of the things he loved about Hogwarts.
Reading that newspaper though, he didn't know how to feel about it.
Potter was his enemy, but he showed no signs of wanting to be his enemy. The smile he sent the first night was as if he was telling him that he knew he was Voldemort and still greeting him.

And his past, they were the same....

In his mind, the son of Lily and James Potter would be the golden boy, the quidditch champion who shared the same hatred for snakes as James did. Yet, he was a Slytherin, refraining to talk to most of the Weasleys.

Why?

He was strong, not beaten down.
He was green, not red.
He was different.

Voldemort sighed, getting up as he made his way outside, wondering as to what to do. On his way, he saw a snake.
"Who are you?" Voldemort asked.
"My name is Sal. It's a pleasure to meet another parseltongue."
"Another?"
"My master is the only one who I know that speaks parseltongue"
"And who might your master be?"
"Harry Potter."

Yep..... Voldemort needed to meet Potter now.

Sorry for the delay!!
Lots of stuff happening. Deadlines and assessments😭
Anyways..... I am alone this Christmas holiday so when it starts I should be more free to post, fingers crossed🤞
Till then,
Ja nee~