SIX

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

FLYING SOLO
PART TWO

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

"This has to be the place," Luke said, looking up at their studio before glancing back at Alex, Reggie, and Bobby. "We've looked everywhere else. Steph's gotta be here."

"Are we sure we want to go in there?" Bobby questioned, stuffing his hands into his pockets. "She ran out of school pretty fast today after what happened and didn't even respond to our yells. I think she's avoiding everyone on purpose."

"We're going in there," Reggie insisted, shooting Bobby a look as if to question why he would even ask something like that.

"Yeah, she needs us," Alex agreed, placing a hand on Reggie's shoulder and shaking it. "We're not going to let her go through all of this alone."

"They're right," Luke said, momentarily glancing towards Bobby who still looked hesitant. "Come on." Then, before Bobby could try and sneak away, Luke grabbed ahold of his shoulders and pushed him towards the studio doors with them.

They were inside without another thought, their eyes instantly locking on their brunette friend who was currently curled up on their couch with her knees to her chest and her head ducked down. They could hear the soft sound of sniffles, but it instantly halted at the sound of their footsteps.

Stephanie looked up instantly, her eyes growing wide as she quickly wiped away her tears. "Oh, hey," she said, attempting not to wince at the looks of concern they were throwing her way. "What. . .what are you guys doing here? We don't have practice until tomorrow."

"We were trying to find you," Alex explained once he noticed that no one else was going to say anything. Bobby just looked a bit uncomfortable with the whole situation. Luke looked like he was on the verge of tears himself as he watched his sister. Then there was Reggie who looked heartbroken for the girl as if he couldn't imagine why anything would be so cruel to make Stephanie cry.

"Me?" Stephanie asked, her voice barely above a whisper. She then seemed to realize what was happening and looked away. "I'm fine, guys. I don't need you worrying about me."

"Obviously you aren't fine," Luke finally said, moving across the room and over to his sister. The others were quick to follow and both Luke and Reggie sat down on either side of the girl, Alex sitting on the floor right in front of her and Bobby sitting on the table. "What Amelia did today—"

"Please, don't mention that," Stephanie muttered, feeling another wave of embarrassment wash over her as she thought of how Amelia had somehow managed to get ahold of her journal that was practically a diary and had her friend read it off over the intercoms for the whole school to hear. They read through a good portion of it before administration was able to stop it, but it was enough to make Stephanie feel worse than she already did.