FOURTEEN

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

EDGE OF GREAT
PART TWO

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

"Julie!" Stephanie exclaimed as she suddenly appeared in the girl's room. Said girl let out a scream of surprise and threw her backpack at the ghost only for it to fall straight through her and hit the wall instead. The brunette looked down at the backpack before looking up at Julie with raised eyebrows.

"Steph," Julie muttered with a small sigh of relief. "You scared me. You really need to stop doing that you know."

"Sorry, I just have so much to tell you," Stephanie replied, a big grin appearing on her face as she fell back against her friend's bed.

Julie reached down to pick up her backpack before allowing her eyes to flicker over to the girl. The beginnings of a smile started to appear on her face before she whispered, "What happened?"

Stephanie felt like she were on cloud nine as she looked up at the ceiling, her smile widening while her eyes seemed to glaze over as she got lost in thought. Julie watched the girl for a moment, noting the way her friend was acting before suddenly remembering about what had happened between Reggie and Stephanie before the show.

"Does this have to do with you and Reggie kissing?" Julie asked curiously with a small smirk playing on her lips, her words bringing the brunette back to reality.

Stephanie's grin only grew and Julie let out a squeal of excitement before hurriedly jumping onto the bed to lay beside the girl. "Oh my gosh! What happened? Did you tell him you like him?" Julie asked, her smile growing just as big as the one that was currently dawning Stephanie's face.

The brunette blushed a little and looked back up at the ceiling before saying, "Yes, I told him that I liked him, but that was after he admitted that he liked me."

Julie's eyes widened at that and she felt the sudden urge to hug the girl, but knew she wouldn't be able to so instead she just let out a sigh of relief and turned to fully lay down beside her as she exclaimed, "Finally! Now I don't have to watch you two secretly pine after each other anymore."

"Hey!" Stephanie said while Julie just laughed, eventually making the brunette join in. Stephanie glanced over at Julie, smiling slightly as she realized how much she had missed having a girl best friend and having someone like Julie was beginning to show her just how bad of a friend Amelia had really been.

"Okay, okay," Julie said between laughs as she pulled herself up off the bed. "As much as I would love to continue talking about this in the comforting embrace of my bed, I really have to head to school. You're welcome to come along for a bit if you want to talk for a while longer."