ELEVEN

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

FINALLY FREE

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

"Oh, great angle. Yeah," Reggie muttered, his eyes flickering over the coffee cup and food display that a woman was currently taking pictures of. He sat beside her, his attention on her taking pictures while Alex watched him from the other side of the table with a confused look on his face. "Now that's a good pic."

"Is this what we're here for?" Alex asked. "To watch people take pictures of food?"

"It's fun," Reggie defended himself. "Watch this." He reached out and slowly pulled the plate with a biscuit on it away from the woman. "People never stop looking at their phones." The woman attempted to grab the plate, but Reggie just pulled it back more. "Oop! Ehh! Whoop." He stopped as the woman looked up a bit confused and grabbed the plate before getting up and walking away.

Reggie chuckled softly and looked to Alex who was attempting to hide his own laughter. "Luke said something about this place being a hit spot for music industry people," the boy added while Alex just smirked.

"And this has nothing to do with you trying to not think about Stephanie?" Alex questioned, arching an eyebrow while Reggie's smile faltered.

Letting out a soft sigh, the boy looked towards the table where he gently drummed his fingers against the tablecloth. "I just don't like knowing she's in pain and that there's nothing I can do to help," Reggie admitted.

"I know," Alex sighed, his heart heavy at the thought of his best friend. He knew it was a tough day for her which is probably why he had yet to see her. She never came back after the dance, but no one could really blame her for doing so.

"Boys!" Luke exclaimed as he rushed over to take the empty seat at the table. "Being a ghost definitely has its privileges. I just wrote our names on the playlist for tonight."

"I'm getting a little worried about him. He keeps forgetting Julie quit the band," Alex said, emphasizing the last couple words as he looked Luke's way.

"And that she's gonna come back as soon as she knows we have a great gig," Luke shot back.

"But if she doesn't come back, let's not forget, we do have some where else we can play and eat pizza," Reggie reminded them.

"Dude, I know it was awesome to be seen by lifers at Caleb's party, but. . .but we got this with Julie. It's like Steph said, we don't need him," Luke insisted, but the words had barely left his mouth before the jolts occurred once again, forcing the three to fall back in pain and groan.