||Chapter 21||

┎┈┈┈┈┈┈┈<[°°°]>┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┒

Chapter Twenty-One

┖┈┈┈┈┈┈┈<[°°°]>┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┚

"We Doing This Before or After Sunset? Because I Have a Date With My Pizza Rolls

"We Doing This Before or After Sunset? Because I Have a Date With My Pizza Rolls."

   "Come on, Lor. Instead of just lazing on the couch all day, you could help me clean up the dance that I never even got to attend," Rebekah pouted.

   Lorrie sighed and sat up. "Fine. I'll go. As long as you stop trying to guilt trip me."

   "I make no promises."

-<•°•°•°•>-

   Lorrie was perched on one of the many tables with a bag of pretzels that Rebekah bribed her with. She glanced up at the doors as they swung open, revealing Caroline. The blond had yet to notice Lorrie.

   "Where's Matt?" Caroline questioned the Original.

   "He bailed. Got called into work at the last minute."

   "Are you kidding me? So, it's just us?" Caroline groaned in annoyance.

   "And me," Lorrie announced her presence. Caroline swiveled around and gave Lorrie a gentle smile, happy to not have to deal with Rebekah alone.

   "Yes, and you're late. Clean up committee started at eight o'clock."

   "It's like 8:02," Caroline's brows furrowed.

   "Exactly. I managed to turn up on time and I didn't even get to attend the dance that I organized," Rebekah noted as she emptied her bin into the larger trash can.

   Caroline followed the older blondes movements, compassion flowing through her for the Original's misfortune. "I'm sorry about your mom. I mean I know you like, hated her and everything, but still... I'm sorry."

   Rebekah softened at the young vampires' sincerity. "I'm sorry about your teacher. He seemed like a nice guy."

   "Yeah, he was."

   "He was kind of a dick sometimes, but he had his moments," Lorrie chimed in, pausing in her snacking for a second.

   Rebekah's lip twitched into the smallest of smiles as she turned away and walked toward the doors. "I'm gonna get started on the gym."

   Lorrie ate another pretzel and gazed at Caroline in confusion when the girl froze up.

   "What's wrong?"

   She was left without an answer as the blond rushed out of the gym at vamp-speed. Lorrie hadn't been expecting that, so she dropped the pretzel she was about to eat.