Alleyway Rescue

Published: 8/20/2020

TRIGGER WARNING FOR ATTEMPTED SEXUAL ASSAULT

Draco was working at a pub as a dishwasher and busboy. Little interaction, under the table money, no working with the muggle electronics. His hair was tied back in a ponytail, almost brown from dirt and grime. He wore a short sleeve as the mark was nearly gone. He hated not having his wand, though it had been well over a year since he lost the right to practice magic. His probation was strict and to the point. No magic, no wand, no arrests. They didn't care what he did or didn't do. And they definitely didn't care.

He noticed that a bloke with creep-stash was staring at him all night. But he ignored him. Creepers were creeps. He did leave an hour before close, so Draco forgot about him. When the last customer left, he had to run the last load of glasses and mop the floor.

"Door's locked. Just shut it behind you when you leave, kid. I got the cameras up, so don't touch the register or spirits," his crummy manager growled. He wasn't supposed to leave him alone, especially when they didn't even know his real name or where he lived. But he still left him, after shoving a few notes in his hand for his pay. Short again for the day, but there really wasn't anyone to complain to.

Draco did his job. He couldn't afford not to. He had nothing. They never released his family's assets and vault. Goblins banned him from entering Gringotts. The Ministry ignored his every request and denied every appeal. Not that it mattered. Every time that he wandered near the Ministry or Diagon Alley, he had gotten hexed and cursed. He couldn't defend himself, even if he tried. He was stuck in the muggle world. When he was done, he walked out the alley door with his small pack and shut the door. He tested that it was locked. The alley looked deserted at 3 am. There were still some late-night pub crawlers in the main street, but that was about it. But he made his way to the street.

"Death Eater," he heard. Draco's heart nearly stopped. He turned around, and it was the creeper-stash guy from early. He had recognized him. Draco trembled. He had no wand, no weapon on him. He had tried to stay as far as he could from Diagon Alley. He never expected any wizard to wander into that dive, or pay attention to him, a lowly busser. The guy's wand was out.

Play dumb, he told himself. "Sorry? I just work here."

"Don't lie, Malfoy. I can see your mark! You death eater fuckers all deserve to die."

Okay, no denying anything. Draco didn't think that he could talk his way out of this one, but he had to try. "I got some money... you can have it... please. I don't even have a wand!" he pleaded. He even held out his bag for him to take. It didn't have much: a parka, an extra shirt and a thin sleeping bag.

"Oh... I know you don't have a wand. That's what makes this sweeter. But I'll probably take the money, too, amongst a few other things.: his eyes dropped down to his body. "I want to hear you scream, bitch."

Draco's blood chilled. He looked helplessly at the pub's locked door, then at the darker alley behind the guy. His only shot for escape was the muggle street, still 30 meters from him. And the guy had a wand. Fuck. He dropped his bag and ran. He couldn't just let him win.

The brute didn't bother with magic, tackling him and throwing him sideways into the brick wall next to a dumpster. Draco tried to scramble up and kicked a metal bin that the pub used in his desperation to escape. It clanged loudly as it rolled, but the prick lifted him up and shoved him into the wall.

"Hel-" he started to yell, but the guy growled. "Silencio!"

His voice was gone. He couldn't call for help. He struggled to get free, and he saw two people stop at the alley entrance but came no closer. The guy forced him face-first into the wall, held him there and tied his hands behind his back with magic. The guy mumbled a muggle-warding spell to stop any interferers.