Chapter 2

Zandrea's POV

Previously in the story,
...we hear the doorbell. I go to open it, and i am shocked to see who is infront of me...

I see two policemen at my doorstep. And i don't know what to do. Alessia might have notices that i have not come back. So, she came to she what's taking me long. She was shocked to see the policemen too but she quickly recovered herself and talked to them.

Alessia~"Good evening officers. How may we help you?" she asked cautiously
The policemen looked at each other and one of them spoke,
Policeman 1~"Good evening. Is this Gianna Costa's house?"
Alessia~"Yes. Did something happen?" she asked nervously.
Policeman 2~"Are you her daughter, Zandrea?" he asked while pointing at Alessia.
Alessia~"No but she is." she points at me while i listen to their conversation silently.
Policeman 1~"We are sorry to inform you that your mother was probably returning home when a drunk truck driver passed the red signal and collided with your mother's car. She was not able to survive." he said in a sad and sympathetic way.

I did not even listen to the whole thing he said. The moment he mentioned the drunk trunk driver, i fell on the floor crying. I could not believe that this was happening to me.
The only person i have known and loved for my entire 18 years has died, leaving me alone in this world. I know i have Leo and Alessia but my mother was the only person i have know my entire life, who has loved and cared for me without anything in return.

I could not speak and my vision was blurred by all the tears but i could hear their conversation. I could hear Alessia's breaking voice because it was hard for her to speak to.
Alessia is an orphan and my mama was like a mother to her too and it was heart breaking for her too.

Policeman 2~"Do you think you can handle her? And come get the body and arrange a funeral?" i think he meant me by 'her'.
Alessia~" umm.. Ya ya i will. And we will be there in the morning."
Policeman 1~"Okay then, take care of yourself."

Once they leave, Alessia grabs me in a big tight hug and we both cry on each others shoulders for what felt like hours. We, somehow manage to get to the kitchen and try to eat to because i have to feed Leo. But we are hardly able to eat a few bites. We keep the leftovers in the fridge and Alessia goes to her room in my house and i go to Leo's room.

I saw my baby boy peacefully sleeping. Maybe he felt like i was watching him, so he woke up. Leo looks at me with those big beautiful eyes of his that remind me of his father. He then, starts smiling and giggling. I think he understood that i was feeling low so he was trying to cheer me up. And well it is working.
I give him a smile and pick him up.
I pull my t-shirt and bra up to free one of my breasts and Leo latches on it immediately. After he is done, i put my bra and t-shirt back in place. I, then burp him on my shoulder.

I put him back in his crib with his toys. I look at him as he plays and giggles. He tries to use the crib's sides to stand up but he falls back down and starts laughing. Looking at my baby playing and laughing, fills my heart with joy and warmth.
After a while, he falls back to sleep. I set the baby monitor to let me know if he wakes up in the middle of the night. I, then go to my room and shower. I get dressed and then go to bed.

The whole night is spent with me tossing and turning. All my thoughts are filled with the moments spent with my mama. The movie nights, the cuddles, the boy talks, and all the fun things that we did together. In all these thoughts, i don't know when i fell asleep.

I was woken by the sunlight on my face from the window. I might have forgottwn to close the curtians yesterday night. I rolled over and saw it was 9:00. I did my daily routine. And got dressed.

I went downstairs to the kitchen and made coffee for myself and Alessia

I went downstairs to the kitchen and made coffee for myself and Alessia. I, then went to Alessia's room to see her already awake and getting ready.

Zandrea~"Good morning"
Alessia~"Good morning, hun. How are you doing?" she came and gave me a hug. I had cried a lot and i think i had no tears left.
Zandrea~"Am fine, i think. I will go get Leo ready and then we can leave."
Alessia~"Sure. And don't worry, i got the funeral planned yesterday night and its all done. I know you might have wanted to do it but i also knew that it would hurt you alot and i kind of knew what you might have wanted and what not."
Zandrea~"Thank you lots baby. I wonder what i would have if i did not have you with me. I love you." i gave her another hug.
Alessia~"Love you too hun. Now go get my boy ready so we can go."
Zandrea~"Okay meet you in 30 minutes. And there is coffee in the kitchen."

I go to my baby's room to find him still asleep and drooling in his sleep. He looks so cute and adorable. I wake him up and he cries a little so i pick him up and rock him. He finally stops cry so i then, feed him and get him dressed.

I pick the bag with the needed baby stuff and Leo and go downstairs. I, Alessio and Leo get into one of my cars and then head of to the police station to get mama.
I cried the whole time from there to the burial site and even during the burial ceremony. Luckily, Leo had slept almost for the whole ceremony.

On mama's headstone, the following was written.

Gianna Costa
From 1974 to 2018
A loving and caring mother, grandmother and friend.

People from mama's work place come to give their condolences. After everyone had left, we went back home. It was already 2pm. I placed sleeping Leo back in his crib and went to have a shower. As i was showering, i remembered something that mama had told me to do if anything happened to her.
_______________________________________
Please do vote and comment, so i can know you are liking the story.😊
And feel free to give any suggestions.
XOXO