Chapter 3

Zandrea's POV

Previously in the story,
As i was showering, i remembered something that mama had told me to do if anything happened to her...

It was when i was 14 years old. Mama and I were having a movie night.

Flashback:

Suddenly, mama paused the movie, and she looked at me seriously.

Zandrea~"Mama, are you alright? Is something wrong?"
Mama~"No my love. I just want to tell you something."
Zandrea~"Ohh mama. You can tell me anything."
Mama~"Let hope this never happens any day soon. But, if anything ever happens to me, i want you to go to my bedroom, find the small vase on one of my side tables. Once you get it, break it and you will find a key in it."
Zandrea~"A key? For what mama?"
Mama~"Wait a second, i am telling you, my impatient baby. Now tell me, do you know where my safe is? And what is its code?"
Zandrea~"Yes and yes. It is behind that painting near your bed. And the code is my birthday- 2204."
Mama~"Good. Inside that safe is another safe which can only be opened by the key in the vase. I want you to read the all the stuff in the safe. There will also be money in it which will all be yours. Okay?"
Zandrea~"Okay mama got it. But i know it is of no use bacause you are not going anywhere."
Mama~"You never know what might happen my child." she said in a low voice so i don't listen. But i did. I did not want to talk about it so i let it be. After that we continued watching our movie.

End of flashback.

I get out of the shower and wear some casual clothes. I am about to go out of my bedroom when i hear the baby monitor. I go to Leo's room to find him crying. I pick him up and notice that my baby boy needs changing, he has wet his clothes. I change his clothes and feed him. I, then get sone of his toys and take him to Alessia's bedroom.

I don't know what is in that safe. I don't know how i will react. And so i decide to take Alessia with me because i trust her with my whole life and she knows how to handle me if i break down or get angry. I see Alessia doing something on her phone as she lays on her bed. Once she sees me, she gets up and looks at me. I put Leo on her bed and he tries to crawl over to her so she picks him up and places him on her lap. And then looks at me.

Alessia~"Hey. Whatsup? Did you need something?"
Zandrea~"No. But i need you to come with me to mama's bedroom."
Alessia~"Umm.. No problem but is there any specific reason?" she asks confused because mama near allowed us into her room.
I tell her what mama had told me and what i had to do.
Alessia~"You sure you want me to come with you? I mean it can be some personal or confidential stuff?"
Zandrea~"Ohh shut up. You are like my sister. You and Leo are the only family i have left. And most important i trust you will my life. And you are basically the only one who can handle my mood swings. So, come on move that ass of yours."
Alessia~"Okay okay am coming. Thank you for trusting me. And thinking that am your family." she hugs me tightly and her eyes water up.

I know you all are thinking that we are basically the best streetfighters and we are so goddamn emotional. Well that how it is with Alessia and I. We don't show any emotions in front of those we don't know and trust. But once alone, we cry, laugh and have fun like others do.

We reach my mama's bedroom. It takes everything in me to not break down. I place Leo on mama's bed with his toys and keep pillows around him so he does not fall off. Alessia sits down on the bed too.

I look at both the side tables and i find the small vase. I pick it up and shake it to make sure it is the one. Once i hear a sound, probably of the key, i go to one side of the room and throw it hard. The vase shatters into pieces and i find the key. I go to the wall where the painting is. I remove the painting from the wall, revealing the safe. I enter the code which is still my birthday and the safe opens. The safe is filled with some money and many pictures of mama and I.

On the left side of the safe, there is a key hole. I use the key that i found in the vase to open it. Once it opens, I see a bag filled with a lot of money from her job's savings and from my streetfighting matches i think. There was no doubt we had a lot of money due to my matches but me and mama just did not want to waste the money on useless things. We used to even donate a money once a month. There was also a letter with my name on it. And a big envelope with the name, 'Moretti' on it.

_______________________________________
Please do vote and comment, so i can know you are liking the story.😊
And feel free to give any suggestions.
XOXO