Chapter 4: One Bad Apple

Today was apparently an exciting day for both Apple Bloom and the rest of the Cutie Mark Crusaders as they were told by Applejack that her cousin, Babs Seed would be coming over from Manehattan to visit them for the entire week. Applejack told Apple Bloom that she had something in common with Babs Seed along with the other crusaders as they all don't have their Cutie Marks yet. This brought a huge excitement to the Cutie Mark Crusaders as they think that they'll have a new recruit to join their crusade in finding their Cutie Marks.

Right now the Cutie Mark Crusaders and Applejack were at the train station with the trio hopping and running around excitedly while Applejack had a sour look from all of the noise that was currently bothering her.

Scootaloo: Do you really think she'll wanna join?

Apple Bloom: She doesn't have her Cutie Mark. Of course she'll wanna join the Cutie Mark Crusaders!

Sweetie Belle: I'm just so excited I could burst!

Soon enough, a train whistle was heard as everypony on the train platform turn to see a train headed coming to arrive at the Ponyville train station.

Apple Bloom: Is that the train from Manehattan?

Applejack: Yep.

The train comes to a stop at the station as Apple Bloom decides to take a peek inside of the windows to see if she can find her cousin anywhere.

Apple Bloom: That's her! Oh, wait, no, no, that's not her.

She then goes up to a window and spots the conductor of the train.

Apple Bloom: Oh! No, tha-tha-that's her! Um, no.

She then turns to what she thought was her cousin as well, but it turns out it was just a cow.

Apple Bloom: Oh, wait, tha- that's not her either, uh. . .

Applejack: Apple Bloom, you've never met Babs Seed, remember?

Apple Bloom: Oh. . . *nervous laugh* Yeah.

A cloud of steam then hisses up at a distance behind the three fillies as they turn to see a train door open.

Applejack: Ah, that's her!

The Cutie Mark Crusaders all turn around to see a filly come out of the train door and she had a brilliant gamboge coat, a light, brilliant amaranth mane and tail, moderate spring bud eyes, and she had no Cutie Mark. This was Apple Bloom's and the entire Apple's cousin Babs Seed.

Her suitcase rests next to her, and she looks nervously around herself before Apple Bloom zips right up at her with an exciting smile surprising her arriving cousin

Apple Bloom: Babs! Babs! It's me, your cousin, Apple Bloom!

She then goes on to introduce her friends.